Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BGT - The Champions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent is back with Britain`s Got Talent - The Champions, which kicked off on Saturday night.

The series will feature acts from past series of Britain`s Got Talent and its counterparts from other countries.

Each week, two acts will go through to the final - one "Golden Buzzer", chosen by the judges or Ant and Dec; and one chosen by superfans from various countries.

In the first programme, none of the former Britain`s Got Talent acts made it through to the final three.

The act which nabbed Amanda Holden`s Golden Buzzer was Kseniya Simonova – a former winner of Ukraine’s Got Talent, who makes stunning pictures and images using only sand.

The act voted through by the superfans was daredevil duo Bello and Annaliese Nock, who previously had appeared on America’s Got Talent.

I found the programme was an entertaining mix. I loved Kseniya`s stunning images and think she was a worthy winner.

In my opinion, if the talent of the two winning acts is anything to go by, this should be a thoroughably watchable and enjoyable series.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I didn't need to put it under a spoiler....though basically we agreed @Mi-Amigo 

I didn't rate Twist and Pulse at all. Stavros Flatley are well past their sell by date and I never rated the sand artist anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

I just don`t see how Twist & Pulse could even be considered winners.

I hope Simon will learn from the mistakes he and his company made with the show and when it is held in America and returns here in the UK next year, he will take on board your suggestion and the judges will not be allowed to award the Golden Buzzer until he/she has seen all the acts; and there is a public vote by the people watching on TV and not 250 out of 6000+ audience at Wembley.   

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 72 of 79

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

A half decent show quite simply ruined by the farcical vote and result at the end. Honestly, I swear, the worst 3 acts were the final 3 in the vote! What planet were these 'super-fans' on?

Message 73 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think this show was a bit of a filler if honest. I much prefer the original BGT, where you see a lot of awful acts combined with the occasional gem.At least it made me laugh.

I see X Factor starts next week...again in a different format..again a 'filler' show.

This time it's so called celebrities putting themselves on the line to show off their 'musical talent.'

No idea who is taking part, except for Jenny Ryan (the Vixen) in The Chase.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

X Factor: The Celebrities starts next Saturday.

Three categories:

OVERS: 

Martin Bashir, journalist, BBCTV religion editor;

Ricki Lake, US TV talk show host;

Jenny Ryan, "the Vixen" on TV quiz show The Chase;

Victoria Ekanoye, actor - Angie Appleton in Coronation Street

UNDERS:

Megan McKenna, reality TV - joined TOWIE 2016; 

Hayley Hasselhoff, actor/singer, daughter of David;

Olivia Olson, actor - voice of Vanessa in Disney Channel`s Phineas and Ferb; 

Jonny Labey, actor - Paul Coker in EastEnders

Kevin McHale, actor - Artie Abrams in Glee musical 2009-2015

GROUPS:   

The Islanders: Samira Mighty, Zara McDermott, Wes Nelson, Eyal Booker Try Star - from Love Island;

Cole & Edwards: Brendon Cole - Strictly Come Dancing; Jeremy Edwards - Holby City, Hollyoaks;

Max and Harvey [Mills] - BBC TV CBBC show "FOMO";

V5: Sofia, Alondra, Laura, Wendii and Natalie - American social media performers

which sounds like as interesting as watching paint dry....

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 75 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff 

X Factor: The Celebrities starts next Saturday.

which sounds like as interesting as watching paint dry....

I totally agree @Mi-Amigo though I will record it and watch after SCD. (This way I can flick through the **** and probably end up with 15 minutes viewing.) rofl

I won't clash with the Japanese F1...as that is on at stupid o'clock in the morning!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It seems we aren't the only ones to disagree with the voting and the fact the public weren't allowed to vote in the Final. People are annoyed that the whole show was pre-recorded

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/entertainment/britains-got-talent/britains-got-talent-the-champ... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 79

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It just left a bad taste and this show is what I have always suspected....totally fixed!

Message 78 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff and @jonsie 

We are certainly not alone in our opinions. While BGT tweeted this morning Twist & Pulse had taken to Instagram; BGT received a barrage of tweets complaining that Twist & Pulse had not won BGT in 2010 but were second to Spelbound; that the duo were voted winners by the superfans in the audience and not the public; and had the public been allowed to vote Alexa and her dog act would have won.

[example: press coverage see here ]      

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 79 of 79