Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BGT - The Champions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent is back with Britain`s Got Talent - The Champions, which kicked off on Saturday night.

The series will feature acts from past series of Britain`s Got Talent and its counterparts from other countries.

Each week, two acts will go through to the final - one "Golden Buzzer", chosen by the judges or Ant and Dec; and one chosen by superfans from various countries.

In the first programme, none of the former Britain`s Got Talent acts made it through to the final three.

The act which nabbed Amanda Holden`s Golden Buzzer was Kseniya Simonova – a former winner of Ukraine’s Got Talent, who makes stunning pictures and images using only sand.

The act voted through by the superfans was daredevil duo Bello and Annaliese Nock, who previously had appeared on America’s Got Talent.

I found the programme was an entertaining mix. I loved Kseniya`s stunning images and think she was a worthy winner.

In my opinion, if the talent of the two winning acts is anything to go by, this should be a thoroughably watchable and enjoyable series.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Didn't watch it @Mi-Amigo
Thanks for the post. Not a great fan of these but quite a few contestants are really good I know.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 79

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I watched @Mi-Amigo  i liked The Nelson Twins slight_smile

Also couldnt believe Paul Potts face when he didnt get through lol

I didnt like his act and agreed he wasnt good enough to be put through , but whats the betting he gets through to final on a wildcard ? grr

Message 3 of 79

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I've not watched BGT The Champions, but I have seen AGT The Champions as it's on Netflix. I'll definitely check this one out, by the sound of it it was a very exciting show star

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 79

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I watched it as I always watch BGT every year. I thought it was excellent.

The Sacred Rhiana was one of the most terrifying acts I have seen. Her magic was excellent but frightening. Also those godawful dolls!!

I'm not sure I would have voted for the sand artist. What she did was stunning but of course she also had a back story, ie did a lot of work for people with cancer.

I think Ashleigh was brave to come back with Pudsey's brother Sulley.  I don't think those Storm troopers deserved such a high placing. Nothing compares to Diversity and I hope they make an appearance.

I also do NOT like this new method of voting. Superfans indeed. Could lead to a lot of bias. Should be a public vote.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 79

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Watched it and was totally underwhelming to be frank. The condescending sickly sweet comments were so over the top from the panel. Golden buzzer is /was a joke. I wouldn't pay tuppence to see any of the acts.... ever!

The Saturday night highlight for me was binge-watching Jessica Jones on Netflix. 

Message 6 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Second week is on ITV tonight [Saturday 7 Sept] from 8.30pm

Acts are:

Paul Zerdin, ventriloquist, America`s Got Talent winner series 10

Merseygirls, dance group, BGT finalists series 11

Jai McDowall, singer/songwriter, BGT winner series 5

Lost Voice Guy, comedian, BGT winner series 12

Gao and Liu, dancers, Asia`s Got Talent finalists; and BGT semi-finalists series 11

Alfredo and Ann, knife throwing act, Amercia`s Got Talent semi-finalists; and AGT Champions finalists

100 Voices of Gospel, gospel singers, BGT finalists series 10

Alexa Laurenburger, dog act, Germany`s Got Talent winner series 11

Antonio Sorgentone, musician, Italy`s Got Talent winner series 10

details - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9867844/britains-got-talent-the-champions-week-two-line-up/

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks good @Mi-Amigo  I loved Lost Voice guy.

My problem is, there is a 10 minute clash with SCD which finishes at 20.40 and BGT starts at 20.30.

I am recording BGT, so hopefully it wont take me too long to catch up with all the adverts etc.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree @Cleoriff , it does look a good line up. Like the old days of Saturday night variety.

I too like Lost Voice Guy and looking forward to seeing if the ventrioquist and girl/dog act are any good.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've always loved BGT. From the funny silly acts to the good ones who get through

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 79