cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sir Henry Moore ... old alumni of where I went to Senior school.

'I'd rather have my sculpture in the landscape, than on the most beautiful building I know'

One of his recurring themes ... ... ... King and Queen ... ... ... in Scotland, I believe, hopefully still in situ.

One of my favourite pieces of his work, yes we studied his work to GCE A level in 3D Art classes

Image may contain: table and indoor

A long-stitch tapestry I did from a kit and which my then husband had framed for me.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As this is the Art thread, thought you might like this pen and ink drawing @Cleoriff 

cheetah-drawing.jpg

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 81 of 102

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Indeed it is @Mi-Amigo . They don't let riffraff in.

Now if we could give JD a rest, here's a piece of art showing a lovely snarling Lion wink

Image result for Drawn pictures of a snarling lion

Now that is what I call ART, not much of the stuff already posted...

Message 82 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As this is the Art thread, thought you might like this pen and ink drawing @Cleoriff 

cheetah-drawing.jpg

That's beautiful @Mi-Amigo  Probably 2 brothers as females are lone animals. They call more than one male cheetah a 'coalition'. Damn good name actually and quite formidable wink

Edit. Could be a female and her cub as one appears smaller than the other.

I would put that on my wall (to join all the other cheetah pictures) Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 102

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

How many cheetah pictures do you have on your walls @Cleoriff ? Just out of curiosity, and to perfect my mental image. grin I have two drawings of my cats made by a friend on my living room wall, but not really anything else. When I eventually move to a new flat or house, I want to invest in some wall decor. Cats will be featured!

Message 84 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo 

It would be better to mention the whole house. Our lounge is separated from the dining room by a feature wall. We also have a conservatory, a kitchen, 3 bedrooms and a long landing upstairs.

So I have 8 cheetah pictures in total, one of a wolf and 2 tiger pictures. I shouldn't forget the snow leopard print. 

I have a montage frame at the side of the wall with 8 pictures of my cats (past and present)

Then we have ornaments. (Nothing shiney or twee) I have a bronze of two cats and a snow leopard

A firm called Country Artists did a limited edition of cat sculptures in a jade or beige colour. They did 6 and I have them all. Every one named on the base including the issue number.

(I do have other non cat pictures and ornaments to match the decor of each room. rofl

Of course with 2 grandchildren, I have a few of those pictures dotted about. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 102

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Oh wow, that's so many! Jade cat sculptures sound intriguing and make me think of those antique Chinese jade statues. Your house sounds lovely @Cleoriff . slight_smile

Message 86 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have never liked shiny ornaments @Marjo (just a personal thing) So the ornaments and sculptures I have are all matte or with a little sheen.

There used to be a craft shop in Coventry which stocked these unusual type of cat ornaments. They were 'quite' expensive,... so I had to buy them one at a time...or leave a deposit and go back when I could afford the next one.

I've had them a long time and having grandchildren round here was worrying at times. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 102

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have never liked shiny ornaments @Marjo (just a personal thing) So the ornaments and sculptures I have are all matte or with a little sheen.

There used to be a craft shop in Coventry which stocked these unusual type of cat ornaments. They were 'quite' expensive,... so I had to buy them one at a time...or leave a deposit and go back when I could afford the next one.

I've had them a long time and having grandchildren round here was worrying at times. rofl

sweat_smile Are the sculptures big or small?

I don't have children visiting my flat, but I have been considering putting my ornaments, books etc. up somewhere so they could be admired and bring some variety and colour to my flat. I cannot do that now as anything I put up would be swiped down by the cats immediately. rolling_eyes

BUT, if I was to somehow attach them (the ornaments) to the surface of the shelf... joy drilling or glue, or maybe some strong double-sided stickers... thinking Sounds like a lot of effort but one day I might consider this!

Message 88 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They aren't big @Marjo (I'm not talking about free standing Venus de Milo type things) rofl

They go on shelves or in front of the fireplace or the mantlepiece. My cats have never touched them...

PS.. one of them sits on a shelf and has a front leg which hangs over the shelf edge. That's got blu tac under it... sticking it to the shelf. Need to be careful when dusting. Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 102

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I have put the bee paintings on my phone that you sent through to me @Cleoriff and I love looking at them everytime I open my mobile such an improvement on the Samsung colour swirls.
Do you have cheetahs?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 90 of 102