Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 sim cards from ebay

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok been having lots of junk calls latly, so could do with chaning my number. 02 shop say they can supply me with 4 sim cards with consecative numbers.

I need 4 new numbers, and since I am doing this, I might as well get some good numbers, 02 shop wont have a big selection..

So looked on ebay and there are millions :)-

Are the sim cards being sold on ebay ok slight_smile

I would need to change my existing pay monthly to one of the new sim cards, change my existing pay & go to another new sim card, and the other 2 sim cards can be activated with £10 each.

So is it safe to buy these sim cards on ebay, good numbers cost £15 each

xxxxxxxxxx1

xxxxxxxxxx2

xxxxxxxxxx3

xxxxxxxxxx4

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know how you got on Patonthenet
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 20

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Bambino

Think you missed the point

I CAN REMEBER ! all 4 numbers ! Remember 1, remember them all.

Message 12 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Patonthenet wrote:

@@Bambino

Think you missed the point

I CAN REMEBER ! all 4 numbers ! Remember 1, remember them all.

What point are you trying to make? Why do you need to remember the numbers? If you put them into your phone, that's all the memory you need. It's your money. Waste it any way you want to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Patonthenet on this one!

Many many many years ago I used to get free SIM cards from all of the available networks and I would often get a batch with consecutive numbers. I ended up using one of these (and still am) and at the same time I was able to give my (now ex) wife the previous number. This meant that because I can remember my own number, I could remember hers...and still do.

This hasn't been useful in recent years, but at the time I have to admit it was handy.

No matter what you think may be a waste of time, others may find useful! Its like me thinking people buying iPhones is pointless...:smileywink:

Message 14 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on this, PapaDug, and Patonthenet is certainly entitled to make that choice. As you say, you don't find it useful any more, and I just happen to think it's a waste of money. To each his own. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It seams like a waste of money to some but as I said he could have had 4 from me for free lol

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I also agre with Patonthenet.

Stop and think how many times you are asked for a contact number.

Local garage, doctors, opticians, anywhere you drop off something for repair etc

I get asked 2-3 times a week for a contact number. I know my mobile number as it's an easy one to remember and I would hate to say 'just a minute while I check what my number is!'

Message 17 of 20

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The thing is, we already had consecutive numbers (his and hers) :)- which were used since 02 started, a very long time. Didn't want to change them, but so much junk calls these days had to get rid of them.

So already new how useful it was remembering one number, and the other was the same, ending 29 and 30. There has been many times where both numbers were given to someone.

Now, we also have a tablet, so a 3rd number to give a friend, and with Whatsapp becoming more and more popular among friends, its good to have them consecutive.

And a spare number for what ever comes next.

I don't see a problem with £1.98 for 4 numbers, yer I could have got any old number for free, but I wanted a bit of a choice, on ebay you can ask what numbers are available, I asked 4 sellers before I picked them slight_smile

The funny thing is, the more expensive Gold numbers, are harder for people to understand, you tell anyone 07999999 8 and your going to have to tell them a few times before they understand it.

Consecutive numbers, are of no use at all, if you only have 1 mobile phone :)-

BTW an 02 shop said they would have a look, but although the sim cards are free there, you wont get them unless you do a £10 top up there and then, on each one.

Ha Ha, you would look a fool if you had to look up your own number :)- and your in the middle of the city, sun shine all over your screen !

Message 18 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Patonthenet wrote:

Consecutive numbers, are of no use at all, if you only have 1 mobile phone :)-

It's a good trick too if you can do it! slight_smile

I have a number that's easy to remember and it comes in very handy at times.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 20

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It been a long time since we changed, originally with BT Celnet, and a £10 top up per year.

Full size sim card (Not cut out) sadly the BT Celnet phone couldn't work on the new 02 network. So around 2002, you could order 20 Sims cards slight_smile give them to friends, or use the £10 that was on them until they ran out, then inserted a new card.

We/Everyone was changing their numbers twice a day slight_smile those days. Eventually we settled down with 2 consecutive numbers, which we happened to find in a bag full of cards slight_smile

So about 11 years before we changed numbers, we had ending 29,30 and 02 wanted £100 for the same numbers ending 28 and 31 ! So yes £1.98 for 4 is a bargin

Message 20 of 20