Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 sim cards from ebay

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok been having lots of junk calls latly, so could do with chaning my number. 02 shop say they can supply me with 4 sim cards with consecative numbers.

I need 4 new numbers, and since I am doing this, I might as well get some good numbers, 02 shop wont have a big selection..

So looked on ebay and there are millions :)-

Are the sim cards being sold on ebay ok slight_smile

I would need to change my existing pay monthly to one of the new sim cards, change my existing pay & go to another new sim card, and the other 2 sim cards can be activated with £10 each.

So is it safe to buy these sim cards on ebay, good numbers cost £15 each

xxxxxxxxxx1

xxxxxxxxxx2

xxxxxxxxxx3

xxxxxxxxxx4

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Anybody's guess really, if the seller has a good record you should be ok.

Either way come back and tell us how you get on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I'm puzzled as to why you would need this? These days most people don't remember phone numbers. Those days are long gone. Nowadays people just put a number in their phone and forget about it. If they want to make a call they bring up the name and call. Why would you want to waste £60 on consecutive numbers when O2 will supply you those numbers for free?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I am part of the o2 star trader scheme and can send you 4 payg sims through the post for nothing you will need to top them all up to activeat and then move them to what ever you want so it will cost you £40.

The are all normal size sims and must be activated this month.

Drop me a pm if you want them

P.s last the digits are 175 176 177 178

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

I am part of the o2 star trader scheme 

Qu'est que c'est? Sounds interesting!

Message 5 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just search o2 star trader, you get commission if sims are activated but are free to you and give them out for free I guess this maybe how so many are on ebay making lots of extra dosh.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 20

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

So in other words, the whole thing on eBay is a rip off and someone is charging £15 per sim card for a 'good' number that no one remembers anyway. Hopefully the OP will see your reply.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i wish I had known about this years ago! I used to have a stockpie of Free SIMs for all networks that I'd always end up giving to people to use...mostly to guys every monday after they had given their number to someone over the weekend and no longer wanted to take the calls or txts Smiley LOL

i think I may go and look into this again! Cheers for the info!

Message 8 of 20

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, as an update to this, and some further explanation.

02 will sell you a VIP number, silver, bronze or gold. A gold number may cost you £300 from 02, and a bronze number £100. The bronze numbers is what our old numbers were, nothing special at all.

Those being sold on ebay, are vastly cheaper for example a 07999999 or something, is £15, while 02 will charge you £300

Why would you need consecutive numbers?

Why not? Firstly with people having mobile phones, tablets, his and hers, you only have to remember one number, then the rest are easy.

So this is what I did

1, Rang 02 to discuss with them buying new cards, the procedure for transferring a pay monthly, and a pay and go to our existing numbers. Told it would be very simple, and to ring back when I have sim cards

2, Rang an 02 shop, asked about consecutive numbers, told they would have a look for me

3, Ended up buying 4 Pay&Go sim cards on ebay, consecutive numbers are £0.99 (Buy one get one free) Total cost £1.98 for 4

4, rang 02 and said I have 2 numbers to transfer, pay monthly team, then told it could not be done

Me:I have already been told it would be simple

Op-No cant be done

Me-I would like to speak to a manager please

Op-The manager will tell you the same

Me-Can I speak to a manager please

Op-Don’t think there is one available, Ill check, No manager is out to lunch

Me-I would like to speak to a manager please, when will one be available?

Op-Oh, all you need to do is put the new sim card in the phone, and wait 24 hours, then it will work
Op-Shall I now transfer you to Pay&Go

Well transferred to pay and go, and these people new a bit more, said to put the new sim in the phone, and it will start working within 24 hours. Said they would free up new number, when its available, delete old number add new ?

Waited, Waited, Checked online account, shows just junk, then 6 hours later, account is back online with new number

Phone still not working, I go onto live chat, straight away told I should be using old sim not new one!

Switched sim on pay monthly, now working, but do get silly sms messages from 02 about pay and go?

Switched sim on Pay&Go, now also working

So, you do need to know what to do, not think 02 will be of any help :0-

Now myself and husband have consecutive numbers, on two windows phones, another number for a tablet use, and another spare number, the last two numbers were activated with a £10 top up

I did complaint, got £5 top up Pay&Go £8 credit on Pay Monthly, better than nothing, and did stop me switching to a new network.

So ebay sim cards are just fine, you can ring 02 and check the numbers haven’t been put back into the system, and you would get a refund from the seller on ebay if there was a problem…. £1.98 for 4 sim cards ! can’t go wrong J

Message 9 of 20

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

All that palaver and wasted time on chat for something that you can get for free. Even if you only paid £1.98, that's £1.98 too much. No one remembers anyone's numbers any more. They're all stored in people's phones. There's absolutely no point in having a memorable number unless it's for business purposes. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 20