cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time for me !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is the first time I've been involved on a forum when a new service such as 4G is about to be released on 02 on the 29/8/13.

If the threads that have appeared so far are a taste of what's to come, I can see it being a busy time here.

I'm assuming the forum will explode with threads and posts on the iPhone launch !

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends how different the new iphone is wink

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends how different the new iphone is wink

I'm confident their both going to be massively different !

Lol.

The all too familiar "Should I get the iPhone 5, 5s or 5c model ,and what's the difference between them" threads.

Copy and paste at the ready !

wink

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we will need it slight_smile

Message 4 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23169 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming the forum will explode with threads and posts on the iPhone launch !

Unfortunately, you're probably right, bob, and it will most likely be even worse with the purported introduction of the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. There will be twenty different threads all asking the same question, but worded slightly different because people don't do searches before posting a question. Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, you're probably right, bob, and it will most likely be even worse with the purported introduction of the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. There will be twenty different threads all asking the same question, but worded slightly different because people don't do searches before posting a question. Smiley Frustrated

I concur.

Unfortunately 'stickied' threads don't help much either due to not being read. You could set all the font in a bright pink bold full capital font, and it still would not help !

A bit like ;

READ ME BEFORE POSTING. THIS STICKIE CAN SAVE YOU TIME.        

Smiley LOL

Its the same on all forums and the same bug bear many regular members have.

Message 6 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We did have a "Macro" system here which meant you could have about half a dozen answers ready to use very easily, but for reasons never disclosed this feature was removed.

I did use them a lot but have now shortened my answers to one line mostly to save repetition.

Sometimes a long and involved answer is needed but I can't see why the ability to do this has gone.

The forum should be helping us to help others shouldn't it, especially when the feature was previously built in?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
That sounds like a really good idea and also ensures everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet !

I can't seem to keep my replies to one line answers ,as you know Perksie. wink

I can't help it as I'm driven to include as much info as possible.

@Chiara
@Toby

Any thoughts on why this Macro idea was removed ?
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about we join forces Smiley LOL and create some useful stickies from any questions that arise. Then in in the future we can just post a link to the relevant sticky?

or is that just too crazy for it work?Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I believe the macro ability was removed because there was a concern that it could be used in excess for questions that could perhaps be answered better in a more personal way. This wasn't due to what was seen in this community by anyone in this thread, but in other communities it has been a problem. However I'm more than happy to talk about re-introducing it.

When have those of you who used it previously found it the most useful? Also, how many macros did you have saved?

@Papadug; Stickies are definitely something I'm thinking about for all major releases
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 18