cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time for me !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is the first time I've been involved on a forum when a new service such as 4G is about to be released on 02 on the 29/8/13.

If the threads that have appeared so far are a taste of what's to come, I can see it being a busy time here.

I'm assuming the forum will explode with threads and posts on the iPhone launch !

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't here when Macros were available, but I think if there was a way for us to contribute/add to a Sticky Topic whenever we see the same thing being asked over and over so we can then link to the sticky, it would be a start!

I know I keep seeing almost the same post from bandofbrothers with regard to cleaning the sim, then checking the status checker, etc and I know for him alone a sticky or a macro could only come in useful! Do you have this copied somewhere or do you type it in every time, bandofbrothers? Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't here when Macros were available, but I think if there was a way for us to contribute/add to a Sticky Topic whenever we see the same thing being asked over and over so we can then link to the sticky, it would be a start!

I know I keep seeing almost the same post from bandofbrothers with regard to cleaning the sim, then checking the status checker, etc and I know for him alone a sticky or a macro could only come in useful! Do you have this copied somewhere or do you type it in every time, bandofbrothers? Smiley LOL

I'm fortunate enough to have a Stickie option on my MBA, which holds this quick fire information for me.

So in a sense I have my own Macro's !!

As i've pointed out 'Stickies' on top of the forum do not work in most cases on most forums.

Its a discussion I and im sure many others have been part of over the decades.

As long as the OP gets the answer or info they need I dont feel it matters how many times its repeated.

Message 12 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
I believe the macro ability was removed because there was a concern that it could be used in excess for questions that could perhaps be answered better in a more personal way.

That looks like another way of saying we don't work hard enough! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Toby wrote:
I believe the macro ability was removed because there was a concern that it could be used in excess for questions that could perhaps be answered better in a more personal way.

That looks like another way of saying we don't work hard enough! Smiley Indifferent

Not having a good day are we slight_frown

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never hard enough 😛

We're looking at ways to make important threads more prominent but I'm afraid it won't be in time for 4G. Stickies, please!

On a separate note, would you be interested in some sort of event where you can see 4G in action, and where would you be prepared to travel to?
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chiara,

I've had a play with 4G Service through the ee Network and although the speeds were indeed noticeably quicker, I concluded that it was not a deal breaker for me.

That coupled with I'm on the Payg Go Go Go and 4G not being open to my type of account until around the end of 2013.

Still excited about it all tho   Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
BoB, 4G is more than just speed! Not excited about gaming?
Message 18 of 18