cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone

As many of you know, we have loads of O2 Academy music venues scattered across the UK and chances are, there's one not far from you. O2 Academy venues have hosted some huge names such as Ed Sheeran and Stormzy, and created some unforgettable gig moments for music lovers everywhere.

Which of our upcoming gigs below catch your eye that you'd love to go to?
Or is there a venue on this list you've always wanted to go to?

Let us know in the comments below innocent

O2 Academy Birmingham O2 Academy Bournemouth
Feb 20 Nils Frahm Mar 25 The Stranglers
Apr 27 Richard Ashcroft Apr 20 Adore Delano
Apr 29 Papa Roach May 23 Daniel Sloss
May 23 Manic Street Preachers    

O2 Academy Bristol

O2 Academy Glasgow

Mar 29 James Morisson Feb 28 Postmodern Jukebox
Apr 08 Sundara Karma Apr 05 The Greatest Showman singalong tour
    Apr 26 Craig David

O2 Academy Islington

O2 Academy Leeds

Mar 08 Cherokii Mar 01 Jon Hopkins
May 30 Eagle Eye Cherry Mar 19 KT Tunstall
    Jun 25 Interpol

O2 Academy Leicester

O2 Academy Liverpool

Mar 30 Easy Life Mar 27 Hayseed Dixie
May 09 Blaenavon May 03 The Bon Jovi Experience

O2 Academy Newcastle

O2 Academy Oxford

Mar 22 Wille and the bandits Mar 09 Garage Nation

O2 Academy Sheffield

O2 Forum Kentish Town

Apr 10 Ryan Adams Mar 19 Picture This

O2 Guildhall Southampton

O2 Institute Birmingham

Mar 01 Jason Manford Mar 02 Billie Eilish
Apr 27 Suede Apr 23 Circa Waves

O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire

Feb 22 David Duchovny    
Mar 23 Jim Bob    

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not been to a gig for ages due to health but have read that Paul McCartney is on a World Tour in 2019/20 and I would love to go.

My question is when do Priority post details of tickets, how can I apply (in advance) for tickets?

I only ask because I have seen every gig (post Beatles, inc Wings) tour he has played in Birmingham and would love to go again but need as much as advanced notice as possible to make special arrangements to go.

Thanks so much for any help and advice anyone can help with

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Personally @Mi-Amigo I wouldn't rely on Priority too much at all. Their tickets seem to go in seconds (and then you see them on Ebay!)

https://priority.o2.co.uk/tickets

I would be looking at TicketMaster. As least if you get into the website early you will be probably guaranteed a seat.

The last gig I had tickets for was The Prodigy. I had 3 websites open. The bands own, Ticketmaster and Priority.

I got them from the bands own website. Priority wouldn't load once ticket sale time came..... and Ticketmaster was ok...but at least 5 minutes behind the bands website.

We have so many disappointed customers who try to use Priority..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff
I`ll keep an eye on Paul`s official website for dates for UK (not announced yet) and tickets.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@AlexYem84

It's very hard to go wrong with Bon Jovi, I agree! Dance

@Cleoriff 

That's fair enough! It's good though that your more local Civic Hall (if I remember correctly) has such good events. smiling

@gmarkj

Oh I see, I don't like going out on weekdays much either so I understand. If you spot something else you might be interested in though, let us know. slight_smile

@Mi-Amigo

Tickets are announced on Priority anywhere from weeks to months before the events themselves, it varies. Once the European tour dates are announced for Paul McCartney, we can maybe take another look - if we can then find out anything on our end we'll let you know. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 14 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes @EmilieT

I'm seeing Jasper Carrott and Bev Bevan (ELO and The Move) in their Stand up and Rock concert in September at the Civic Hall. 

I've seen them before and they are absolutely brilliant. Jasper Carrott is a damn good guitarist.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It's not so much that it is a week night @EmilieT, but the travel to and from.
For instance, if the gig was Birmingham then that is an hour (ish) away and can be done.
I mentioned the gig to my darling wife and she said why did you not get them - it is our 10th wedding anniversary and my 40th so you could have made out you got me them as a joint present!
Of course now I have told her about it I have been banned from doing that as a surprise and she wants something else...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@AlexYem84 

You’ll never guess what just happened, an O2 Angel just floated past our window and dropped in a couple of tickets, with your name on them, for the Bon Jovi Experience at the O2 Academy Liverpool on May 3rd, woop woop! I'll send you a Private Message in the next few minutes with more details. innocent

@Cleoriff 

That's an exciting gig to look forward to! Happy Dance

@gmarkj 

Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary, and your 40th birthday (sorry if I'm late to the party for either of them)! It's a shame about the timing for this gig, but there might be another one you've got your eye on?

If anyone spots a gig they're interested in at an O2 Academy venue, we'd love to hear about it so let us know in the comments! smiley

signature

Message 17 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

That O2 Angel is 'most excellent'. I expect @AlexYem84  will be really excited.

Well done you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 27

AlexYem84
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Omg! @EmilieT amazing!
Yay!!! 🎊 Can't wait and I'm looking forward to it!

@Cleoriff yes!! 🎉 I'm so excited and so happy.

Yyiippe
Message 19 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlexYem84 

Really great news. So pleased for you Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 27