The Brit Awards 2019 with Mastercard

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Brit Awards 2019

Hi everyone!

The Brit Awards returns on 20 February 2019 at The O2 in London! Priority tickets will be on sale this week, on 12 December.

Actor, writer and stand-up comedian Jack Whitehall will be hosting again through an exceptional night of entertainment with 12 award categories as well as several performances by both British and international artists. 

The Critics' Choice Award has already been announced for the event! British singer-songwriter Sam Fender will be the first to receive a 2019 Brit Award. clap The overall nominations for 2019 will be revealed in January. Happy Dance The event will be also broadcast live on ITV on Wednesday 20 Feb, from the O2 Arena in London.

Anyone here on the community interested in this event? Will you be following it by either attending it live at the O2, or watching the live feed? Who do you think might win? slight_smile 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I love watching awards ceremonies, it's my way of being aware of what's happening, of who people are and of often unsung heroes who in most cases, get the just recognition that they deserve.

Message 2 of 8

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ll defo be watching, love the Brits and the variety of stars on there. What an experience it would be to go and see it live!
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I love watching this particular award ceremony.

It's vastly improved since the fiasco when Mick Fleetwood presented it with Sam Fox in 1989!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I love watching this particular award ceremony.

It's vastly improved since the fiasco when Mick Fleetwood presented it with Sam Fox in 1989!

Yep, how embarassing was that? joy

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

"Here's the Four Tops"...and on walks Boy George. That's just one of the thousands of c*ck ups made on the night....FGS joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
And they were ridiculed.. but hardly their fault.
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
And they were ridiculed.. but hardly their fault.

It wasn't ALL their fault, but they were not the right people for this award show. Totally unprofessional. 

The autocue took a lot of the blame but it wasn't just that at fault. Nor was it 'faulty' for the whole show.

They were out of their depth.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8