cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to activate sim for new phone as an upgrade.

Royston2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I upgraded to a new phone over a year ago both sims on O2. However,I dint like th new phone so stayed using the old phone. Now th eold phone has broken and I want to use the new phone with the upgrade sim ,both still on same number and still on O2 cntract. When I put the new sim in the new phone nothing is happening. I cannot contact o2 by phone or online messaging which is appauling,considering they are still open for new phones or upgrades. Anyway can anyone help me please? Kind regards,Royston.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Royston2 

Just use your old SIM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Royston2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thank you for taking the time to get back to me. The problem I have is that the old phone a Samsung Galaxy J5 has a bigger older sim card than the sim card holder in the new phone that I need to use a Huawei P20 Lite. The old sim card just does not fit.  So I am stuck. There is a micro O2 card in the P20 however im not sure if I can activate it without the help of an o2 operative. So I am stuck without a phone now. I hope this makes it a little bit clearer.

Kind regards,

Royston.

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Royston2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys thank you for your advice,after fiddling with the old sim,I managed to pop it out and insert it into the phone I need. Your advice was grately apreciated.

Kind regards,

Royston.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good news @Royston2 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8