Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merlin Offer RIP OFF

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The Merlin offer for for tickets to an attraction is understandably popular- but I’m more than frustrated now...

I had the O2 priority app open on my phone from 11.55am. I even had the chessington offer open. It began to countdown from 1 minute to 12pm... 3,2,1 clicked ‘use now’ and instantly says ‘out of stock’.

How is this even possible. I could understand if I had the app open and had to still click into the right section, but I pressed that button so fast it is impossible to have a chance.

I’m genuinely upset by this- 2nd time trying and I can’t see how I could’ve been any faster.

Not happy that they use offers to draw PR and then screw loyal customers.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Jack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agreed what a joke i tried this multiple times waited for the count down and have the same issue.

Been a customer of 02 for 5 years and it never changes might start looking for a new network.

Message 2 of 5

Bee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I actually got a code but then got to the site and it doesn't work. Call customer services and 2 different people gave me 2 different stories neither which resolved the problem. Complete farce and mislead.
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

It did say on the app only 500 available so you have a 1 in 48000 chance of getting a ticket if every o2 customer tried to claim, 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Nearer 64000 to 1 chance based to total number of active connections 32 million lol Based on data here https://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/uks-favourite-mobile-network-continues-to-grow/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5