Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One drive PDF viewer

SJA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Everytime I try to view a downloaded document I get the message 'to read files from this device to go device settings and give one drive access to your device storage', I have checked and all notifications are on, i went into the store and they couldnt see an issue either, so im currently unable to view any documents I try to download

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SJA 

You need to look at one drive app permissions, not notifications.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SJA 

You need to look at one drive app permissions, not notifications.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

SJA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi how do I do that??

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Settings >Apps >Onedrive >Permissions

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Great reply M15 . I tried this. OK to start but on the next switch on lost everything on desk top . I had to get it back online .  I don't want to use One Drive i store my own stuff. 

How can i stop One drive storing my files but without losing everything or everything that One DDrive stored.    PS  I have a lot of files i brooughtover to this new PC . One Drive cant save it all so there are red abnd green dots everywhere against files. I dont want to pay for storage extra.  None of this has happened in the past 3 laptops.   Where did it go wrong  ?????

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Sounds like the best option for you would be an external storage device.

You can then copy everything from one drive to the external storage and log out of one drive to stop any further file transfers and syncs.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

HI M15    I'll explain .  When changing to a new (or refurbished) lappy an external hard drive  is used. And its worked ok previously.

This time I did the same . But One Drive kicked in saying there wasn't enough storage for all files. There are green spots  and red spots with X against most files.

Maybe I should buy a 64gb USB. Save everything from the lappy on it and start again . Somehow disabling One Drive.     

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Jenny105 

That's just Microsoft's way or forcing you to buy more storage.

It's saving everything to one drive by default.

You just need to save everything to local storage.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

HI M15  thanks for all of this and for al your posts. 

Im thinking of leaving .  I missed 2 rewards as i couldnt get a private message to RAFA; i continually have problems with passwords, ; my monthly bill has doubled but i cant get thru to My 02 to find out exactly why; It was difficult  finding the Community page. Something seems to have gone so badly wrong in recent 2 yrs. Ive gone from being proud of 02 and its help. To being frustrated and appalled. It has taken 40 valuable minutes to get into and running My 02 today.

Other query where can i disable (but not get rid of ) the One Drive. I dont want items stored . I have my own storage system in place. Hotmail has been stopped as one drve is full even after deleting or storing elsewhere a huge amount of files . Thanks for all the support over the yearrs

Message 9 of 9