Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a data plan to a new iphone12

ABush
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded to an iPhone 12 with 5GB data plan (from an iPhone SE) but it seems not to have added the data plan automatically and won’t connect to mobile data only wifi. I can confirm I have switched mobile data on in settings. When i go into mobile data settings it just has an option saying ‘Add Data Plan’ and when i click on this it asks for a QR code from my network provider. The other option is to ‘Enter details manually’ but I don’t know how to do this. My plan definitely includes data so I’m worried I have been sent a faulty sim? I would be very grateful is anyone knows how to sort this out.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ABush 

The phone is expecting an eSim.

You need to call O2 for an eSim pack.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ABush 

The phone is expecting an eSim.

You need to call O2 for an eSim pack.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

ABush
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I’ll call O2 in the morning because something has gone wrong. I ordered, and was sent. A postpay 5G triple ready SIM which i’ve inserted into the phone. No mention anywhere on the order of an ESim

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@ABush 

Try your old sim in the new phone too.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4