cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Sim not working- urgent help needed!

Christine_23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I signed up to O2 via Virgin Media on 4th July. I gave my PAC code on the phone and was told it would transfer immediately. Received my SIM thursday, requested online for number to be transferred. Nothing. Did it again on Friday evening. Nothing. Had to use the temporary number over the weekend.

This morning, the temporary number stopped working, and my old number also still doesn't work. I can't make or receive calls from my phone at all- when I try it says I am not registered to a network.

I am a carer to my elderly relative who is unwell and had a fall at the weekend, and I need for them to be able to contact me in an emergency, and also as next of kin the GP/ carers need to contact me. Not having a phone right now is a nightmare as my relative is so vulnerable.

I can't call O2 because my phone doesn't work! I've tried turning phone off and on again but no joy. Please can anyone help urgently!! Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

It is @O2Georgina on this morning from about 11am, @Christine_23 - keep a watch here for a reply asking for more info privately. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Christine_23
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah @O2Ryan are you able to help please, I am desperate?! 

Message 2 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

It is @O2Georgina on this morning from about 11am, @Christine_23 - keep a watch here for a reply asking for more info privately. Good luck.

Message 3 of 10

Christine_23
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for that information. Hopefully @O2Georgina might be able to help me 🙏

Message 4 of 10

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Christine_23  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 5 of 10

Sian4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please could you help me also. I have had no service for 5 days now on a new pay monthly sim awaiting a number port. I keep getting told it'll be another 5 days 

Message 6 of 10

Christine_23
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the message @O2Georgina . Unfortunately I could not continue the conversation as I now don't have any mobile data, so I had to wait until I could use my home wifi. I hope you are still there though! 🤞

Message 7 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12158 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Georgina will be back later this morning @Christine_23 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123431 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Sian4 wrote:

Please could you help me also. I have had no service for 5 days now on a new pay monthly sim awaiting a number port. I keep getting told it'll be another 5 days 

@Sian4 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- who is the account advisor on this morning. Watch out for a private message from her.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Christine_23
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much, Georgina actually sorted this yesterday evening so I finally have my phone working, hooray! Thanks for the help 👍

Message 10 of 10