Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code transfer to O2 not doing anything

Perkipc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Old sim was disconnected early this morning and the new sim has yet to start working.
The phone is needed for work and I was assured it wouldn't take too long to transfer over.

I'm on my second attempt to get someone on 202 because the first time I was on hold for around 15minutes and the line hung up.

I really need this phone to work...
Obviously can't just use the old SIM because it's been disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

Typical of the many errors we hear of on here @Perkipc 

Good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 8

Perkipc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to get through to someone on the phone and not only did they port the number to a new Esim that we didn't ask for, and can't use with the new phone but they have accidentally cut off my service to my main phone, literally whilst I was speaking to them... the Esim is showing up on my main phone, which is not where it's supposed to be, so I currently have 2 dead phones, and because the app is stating there are no live chat options, I literally have no way of contacting anyone

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@Perkipc 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or call using Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Perkipc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to Skype now.

Figured out why the phone died.

Looks like the guy from O2 managed to port my number to my husbands O2 sim, instead of the number actually being ported... Even though I specifically told him, more that once, the number being ported, and to where.

Hopefully I can get through with Skype before they close.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

Typical of the many errors we hear of on here @Perkipc 

Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Perkipc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for the Skype idea.
The person got everything sorted for now, and popped me through to someone else to make a formal complaint... As this wasn't something I wanted to spend 3 hours doing on my birthday (especially since it all started on the 13th)
The 'complaint' lady wasn't actually in complaints and I had to cut her off 4 or 5 times to tell her not to touch the numbers, the last guy had fixed it, and she was supposed to be taking the complaint details. She tried to get me to call back in 24 hours 'to make sure everything was resolved' and was a bit put out when I refused, but eventually submitted my complaint, in theory.

But yeah, cheers for the skype info.
Had no other way of contacting them otherwise.

slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

Glad you got there in the end and happy birthday @Perkipc 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8