Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a phone contract with a debit card

-Ash
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I am looking to get a phone on contract with 02 as my old phone is broken and I am in need of a new phone but cant afford 800 pound for the new iphone, can afford it monthly but just can't get past the 02 credit check, I saw online that if I can get the first 3 payment for a contract phone deal then I can use my debit card to pay for the rest of the phone is this possible and if not then is it possible any other way to pay monthly for a contract phone with a debit card.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124717 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7532 Solutions

@-Ash 

Just remember this. The more times you try and fail, it is recorded as a marker on your credit file.

So that means your chances of passing a credit check, lowers on your file, every time you try and fail.

You need to save up and buy outright as mentioned earlier.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23669 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

If you can't get past the credit check you won't be able to take out a contract no matter what card you have.

Maybe you should be setting your sights a little lower than an £800 phone and get an inexpensive sim free phone with a Pay & Go sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 22

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@-Ash 

Just because you have failed O2's credit check does not necessarily mean that you will fail elsewhere. Hence, you could consider buying from Apple, Samsung, Amazon or wherever. 

I don't know about Apple but Samsung certainly offer credit terms.  

Message 3 of 22

H3LLCAT505
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 352 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@-Ash 
Apple do offer 0% finance over 2yrs on all phones. Plenty of other places you can buy a phone even some really good refurbished ones as long as go with someone that has good reviews and reputation for refurbishment 

Message 4 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply but my problem is I can afford the contract for an iphone 15 but can't get past the credit check as I have had a bad history but am doing well now but can't get past any credit checks with any phone providers that's why I am wondering if the deposit and then debit card would be an option but thank you anyway

Message 5 of 22

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@-Ash 

You have a suggestion above from @H3LLCAT505 ; maybe take a look at :-

CeX (UK) Buy & Sell Games, Phones, DVDs, Blu-ray, Electronics, Computing, Vision & CDs (webuy.com)

https://uk.webuy.com/

Good luck in whatever you decide on ! 👍

Message 6 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't want a Samsung I want an iPhone the thing I am asking is is it possible to get a contract phone on debit with first 3 payments as I can afford it but have bad credit history if not then I'll just save up a good few months and buy it in full thank you for your reply though 

Message 7 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No this is the phone I want and was only wondering if I went in to 02 with ID and deposit if the credit check could be avoided if not I will just save up and buy the phone outright it's just that will take a long time and am in need of new phone now and don't want to spend money on a second hand and as it will take longer to save for the phone I do want but thank you for the reply

Message 8 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@-Ash 

Just save up and buy when you can afford it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23669 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@-Ash wrote:

No this is the phone I want and was only wondering if I went in to 02 with ID and deposit if the credit check could be avoided if not I will just save up and buy the phone outright it's just that will take a long time and am in need of new phone now and don't want to spend money on a second hand and as it will take longer to save for the phone I do want but thank you for the reply

@-Ash If your credit history is already bad there is no way that O2 would allow you to avoid the credit check for a phone as expensive as the one you're looking for. That's just not going to happen.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 22