Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a phone contract with a debit card

-Ash
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I am looking to get a phone on contract with 02 as my old phone is broken and I am in need of a new phone but cant afford 800 pound for the new iphone, can afford it monthly but just can't get past the 02 credit check, I saw online that if I can get the first 3 payment for a contract phone deal then I can use my debit card to pay for the rest of the phone is this possible and if not then is it possible any other way to pay monthly for a contract phone with a debit card.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do want to but need a new phone now and don't want to settle for a older model as then it will take me a lot longer to get the one I want thanks for your opinion though

Message 11 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@-Ash It's not just an opinion, it's a reality check. If your credit history isn't good you're not going to get that phone on contract from O2 or any network provider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 22

H3LLCAT505
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 352 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@-Ash 

Best to spend a small amount on a decent 2nd hand phone just now for the short term and then putting money away each week till got you’ve got enough to just buy the phone you really want outright. Just going to have to have patience due to the bad credit history.

Message 13 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

As my mum used to say Marks and Spencers taste, Farm Foods Pockets,.. 

@-Ash 

If you cant afford it, then you need to lower your expectations, and settle for an older model such as the iPhone 13 or 14,... Or look at the likes of ID Mobile etc and see if you pass with them..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 14 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93886 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@-Ash 

Just remember this. The more times you try and fail, it is recorded as a marker on your credit file.

So that means your chances of passing a credit check, lowers on your file, every time you try and fail.

You need to save up and buy outright as mentioned earlier.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay yes I see there's no support on here just full of tarts like you saying what's in my best intentions and what I can afford and not it doesn't matter as I have the money for the phone now and am just going to buy it outright but all I was looking for is if it would be possible to get the phone on contract with a debit card but if you don't know or don't have anything good to suggest shut the ****** up 

Message 17 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I have said to the other person ****** off if you have no useful suggestion

Message 18 of 22

-Ash
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all who gave good suggestions but I have the money to just buy the phone now and that's what I will do

Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 93886 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

If you have the money now, then yes, you can use a debit card to buy it from O2

Message 20 of 22