Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip address blacklist

kevin_373
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having problems sending emails from my mobile. Upon investigation it seems to be down to the IP addresses assigned being blacklisted. I looked at the last 6 IP addresses and 3 are classified as "High Risk" and 3 as "Suspicious". All are identified as being Telefonica, Edinburgh. I am using the installed email app on my Samsun Galaxy. When I set up a mobile hotspot to connect to my laptop I experience the same problem with Outlook in that I cannot send emails but I can receive them. I've looked back at previous postings and can see this same issue occured over 10 years ago  - hoping that there has been a fix in the interim 😉

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@kevin_373 

I know of people with the same issues trying to send VirginMedia emails on O2.

It's an issue that comes and goes and has done for years.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

kevin_373
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the swift reply - I'm guessing that O2 don't exactly rank this issue at the top of their 'to fix' list then.

I did spot a fix from circa 2009 that suggested altering the mail account settings on the phone although that wouldn't solve the laptop/hotspot issue I assume. 

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@kevin_373 

I've tried various different ports to correct the issue and none have worked unfortunately.

I'm sure O2 will get round to fixing it, eventually......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

David_Parr
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having a similar problem, and emails I send to gmail addresses just end up in the recipients SPAM. I've talked to O2 but they are not interested because "we don't provide email" so, at that point, I politely gave up the conversation because it's not the customer service guy's fault.

What is to be done to fix this? I guess a snailmail letter for starters.

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Not sure what can be done but I'd like a fix too.

@O2Emma 

Any chance you could look into it for us please?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 lets see what I can do  @kevin_373 @David_Parr Please can you all try downloading your email providers app instead of using the inbuilt one on your phones ( if possible ) and check you can send/receive emails through the email providers app this will help identify issue . Thanks

signature
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No mail app for VirginMedia unfortunately @O2Emma 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Yes you are right @MI5 for virgin media email can use through the Outlook mail app.

signature
Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma 

I could but that is a workaround and is not fixing the issue.

Additionally, I have to use Outlook for my work email and I need to keep that separate from personal emails.

The issue is with the O2 ip address as emails will send with exact same settings on EE and when connected to WiFi, yet fail to send with "incorrect username or password" when trying on O2.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20