Did you mean: 

email to text gatway not working apparently

duncanidaho
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I've been using the email to sms gateway @mmail.co.uk for over 8 years now to notify me when a certain event occurs on my website, all of a sudden three days or so ago i stopped getting the notifications. I  know nothing  has changed on the site as I write and maintain all my own software.

I'm trying to find out who @o2  I should ask about any servce outages. I can't find anything specific on 02s website.

Many Thanks In Advance

DuncanIdaho

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@duncanidaho Customer service would be the ones to ask: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Because you're not buying anything, O2 won't consider your call important, so you have to lie and use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@O2KyleW 

Can you help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

duncanidaho
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again

I've been chasing my tail on this for days now. I've just spoken to a 'tech support' entity and he tried  to persuade me that I was confused and that I should call gmail !!!! 

Here's the problem

if I log on to any email service and send an email to my02phonenumber@mmail.co,uk, 02  converts it to text and sends it to my mobile phone. At least it used to

I've been using the email to sms gateway @mmail.co.uk for over 8 years now to notify me when a certain event occurs on my website, all of a sudden several days or so ago i stopped getting the notifications. I  know nothing  has changed on the site as I write and maintain all my own software.

I've checked the network status but there's nothing specific that i can see.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Does anyone know why this service has apparently stopped working?

Does anyone care?

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@duncanidaho 

An account advisor was tagged on your previous post https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/email-to-text-gatway-not-working-apparently/m-p/1411323

If they didn't get back to you, I'll ask @O2Emma if she can help you?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

duncanidaho
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

nobody got back to me 

should i feel deserted in my hour of need 😞

Message 6 of 12

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@MI5 and @duncanidaho The service email to sms is not a o2 service sorry it is set up via a third party company. You can get a list of these by googling email to sms provider .

As @duncanidaho will have set this up via a third party will need to contact them for any issues with their service.

signature
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@duncanidaho

Im going to wish you good luck with this one as looking at A and mx records for mmail.co.uk it looks as though it is owned and run by Talk Talk

Although the DNS is managed by o2.. it was last updated on the 12th November.

This needs to be taken up with Talk Talk, as i say good luck but it looks like they have ceased this service or have a serious issue with it.,

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 12

duncanidaho
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just FYI

I never set anything up for the email to SMS service at mmail.co.uk wh whoever they are

About 8 years ago I searched the interweb and among other stuff there was an entry for 02  giving brief instructions on how to access 02s free email to SMS service at mmail.co.uk. I tried it out of the blue with no conact with anyone at either organisation.  I've never paid a penny to anyone to my knowledege and I've been using it for around 8 years until it abruptly stopped working so I dont suppose I can complain.

I naturally assumed it was an 02 service as it worked with my 02 phone. Anyway I found someone who knows exactly what I 'm talking about and has a service  I can manage online so i'll stop bugging you now.

Thanks for the help and advice

Duncan Idaho,  Ghola Mentat (retired)

Message 10 of 12