Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown default payment

Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My partner cancelled a contract with O2 back in November 2015. He received a letter from O2 later in November 2015 stating he had an outstanding payment of £144 and that if this was not paid and he had 5 days to do so. He called O2 who confirmed this was an error and that there was no money owed.
We tried to open a joint account Jan 2020 and he was declined due to his Experian rating. We have had a look at it shows that O2 declared he had defaulted on a payment of £29 in April 2016.
We have tried contacted the credit people via email for the past 3 years and have heard nothing. We are now looking to get a mortgage but wouldn't be able to due to this default against him which never happened!
Does anyone have any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I should add that he has not received any letters, phone calls or emails regarding the payment of £29.
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Can you provide some help @Martin-O2 @Marjo?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @gmarkj! slight_smile

@Default We can certainly get someone to look into this for you and find out what's going on. I'll need some details so I'll drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4