Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised charges

RH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know how I can avoid unauthorsied billing to my wifi hotspot which I use for a holiday cottage rental property? Recently I have been billed by a premium rate text back service which we think was activated by someone inadvertently clicking on a pop up which then tagged onto the hot spot mobile number. As it is a hot spot generator rather than a mobile phone, there is no screen, no keypad, and no way to authorise and accept payment T&Cs. O2 have given me the details of the phone paid service who have charged me, but have been unable or unwilling to block premium rate services to this device. Anyone any ideas how to avoid this in the future, or do I just cancel the account and not offer wifi in the cottage?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @RH we have a guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... which should help if you follow the advice. Also O2 can put a premium number block on any account so call them back and try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @RH we have a guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... which should help if you follow the advice. Also O2 can put a premium number block on any account so call them back and try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

RH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks
Message 3 of 3