Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious text and emails

J-Mc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just received this text and 2 similar emails and I'm suspicious because I haven't ordered anything and the website shown in the message is different to the usual website for My O2. When I log in to My O2 (not via the link in the emails or this text!) there's no sign of any changes.

"Just confirming your order has gone through - thanks. Your order number is NC17815236, and you can check on its progress through My O2: https://mymobile2.o2.co.uk/order-history".

Am I right to be so suspicious?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@J-Mc 

They are just weird system messages sent out when O2 moves you to the new 360 billing system.

Nothing to worry about.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@J-Mc 

They are just weird system messages sent out when O2 moves you to the new 360 billing system.

Nothing to worry about.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Nom1s
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same 2 text and 2 emails, primarily thanking me for my order and giving a link to click into...  I have also accessed my 02 (not via any link) and note no change, but would like reassurance that it isn't a scam and to know if genuine why 02 think it ok to send a thanks for your order text & email when the customer hasn't made any new order etc...

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Nom1s It is genuine...we have had enough cases and had it confirmed by O2

Yes, it's misleading and its a glitch...but O2 are not good when it comes to fixing glitches!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

PHILA93
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got one too like 10 minutes ago. Very weird because it's from the usual o2 number that texts me but when you click on the link it looks weird and that aside I've not ordered anything anyway.

Message 5 of 5