Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade

Mikee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have 2 mobile numbers on my account. 1 for me and 1 for my wife. I access both in My O2 account where I can upgrade etc. I want to upgrade my wife's phone as a Christmas gift but I understand texts are sent to the number of the phone being upgraded. Does anyone know when these texts are sent as I don't want my wife to see them?

Thanks Mike
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

No way around it unfortunately @Mikee unless you can get the phone off her .

They'll send a text with a code to start the process and when the tariff changes over. 

Other communication is via email though.

You could tell her you're just checking the account details or make excuses that they must have been sent to her in error!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

No way around it unfortunately @Mikee unless you can get the phone off her .

They'll send a text with a code to start the process and when the tariff changes over. 

Other communication is via email though.

You could tell her you're just checking the account details or make excuses that they must have been sent to her in error!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Mikee
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So if I have her phone when I order it I can get the first text comes in. How soon before the next text comes?
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It will be to confirm the tariff change and delivery text from DPD which if phone in stock would come later that day and tariff change the day after.
It's really risky as there's no guarantee when the texts will arrive. Might be easier to do it in store to minimise the communications.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Just a thought, you could upgrade your phone and just give it to your wife for her to put her sim in?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Mikee
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Best of luck keeping it secret slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just tell her you're increasing her data.
Works every time.
Message 8 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Luv, got a warning that the data is nearly up on your phone, they offered to increase it for free.
They gonna send a text with a code to allow me to increase the data plan..

Once put through...
"They gonna send a confirmation text once the new tariff is increased, they said they sending out a Sim, god knows why so I rang and they said just keep using the current Sim as it's a tariff increase but shows on account as an order"

Boom, done.
Message 9 of 9