Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh

Ctaylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, on my O2 it says I'm eligible to upgrade to O2 refresh and it says "we will pay your contract off", but then in the terms and conditions it says I would have to pay a one off payment of the rest of the amount on my contract.. Can someone tell me whether they pay it or I do?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Ctaylor 

Once the device is paid off you will be able to upgrade

ie If you want to upgrade your phone, just pay off your Device Plan and you're free to upgrade while continuing to use your Airtime Plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/o2-refresh-explained 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Ctaylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks! It says 'we will pay your contract off' which is why I'm confused. Basically I still have to pay to end it?
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Ctaylor 

Yes, you have to pay the device off first.

A community guide here

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Ctaylor 

O2 are currently offering free upgrades to refresh for customers who had their contract from a reseller such as Carphone warehouse.

If you didn't buy from O2 previously and are on a standard contract now, O2 will pay off what you owe so you can upgrade to refresh without paying it off yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Ctaylor 

O2 are currently offering free upgrades to refresh for customers who had their contract from a reseller such as Carphone warehouse.

If you didn't buy from O2 previously and are on a standard contract now, O2 will pay off what you owe so you can upgrade to refresh without paying it off yourself.

@MI5 

Where does that info come from? All I could find was this...

I'm a Carphone Warehouse customer, how do I upgrade?

Our contract with Carphone Warehouse ended on 31 March 2020, so you won’t be able to upgrade your O2 contract through them anymore. The good news is you can do it all with us. And now that we’re looking after you directly, we believe we’ll be able to bring you better value and service. If you’re a Carphone Warehouse customer and you’re ready for a new phone, call us on 0808 002 0202 for exclusive deals.

https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade-your-device#im-a-carphone-warehouse-customer-how-do-i-upgrade 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
From the OP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7