Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 App pin always expiring.

YoungGazz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I need to set a new pin and reactivate fingerprint lock for the app every few days because the "Pin has expired".

Is this normal behaviour for the app?

- Relatively new O2 user
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

YoungGazz
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ok, so after some testing, it was not the Norton as that does not touch the cache for My O2.

After removing Norton Cleaner I was able to recreate the issue, which it seems is caused by turning the phone off and back on (tested multiple times). When turning on and opening the My O2 App it once again said the pin was expired after entering my fingerprint to bypass the pin.

I set up a pin, but no fingerprint this time and I am not getting an expiration error any more.

So it seems the fingerprint in conjunction with a power off and on is causing an error restarting the phone.

I will just use the pin on its own I guess.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @YoungGazz 

I would say it's not normal based on my own experience.

Are you using any cleaning apps that could be removing the saved settings, something like ccleaner?

I'd also suggest deleting and reinstalling the app to see if it helps. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@YoungGazz

It's never happened to me either.

I have the same pin since I downloaded the My O2 App.

That must be damn annoying to get a message it's expired!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

YoungGazz
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have Norton Clean, it has not caused issues before with other apps that have security set up. I will disable it and see if it is the cause. Thanks.
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it's clearing your cache it will be it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

YoungGazz
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ok, so after some testing, it was not the Norton as that does not touch the cache for My O2.

After removing Norton Cleaner I was able to recreate the issue, which it seems is caused by turning the phone off and back on (tested multiple times). When turning on and opening the My O2 App it once again said the pin was expired after entering my fingerprint to bypass the pin.

I set up a pin, but no fingerprint this time and I am not getting an expiration error any more.

So it seems the fingerprint in conjunction with a power off and on is causing an error restarting the phone.

I will just use the pin on its own I guess.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It shouldn't do that....
What phone are you using?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It can cause issues if the fingerprint fails as it is an added security factor and will reset the pin.

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mine has never reset after switching off the phone. I only use a pin but it has only ever reset when reinstalling the app on one of my devices. Even then it has no affect on the others.

Message 9 of 13

YoungGazz
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It's a Motorola G6 Plus running on Oreo with Microsoft launcher.

It's not a problem with other Apps with combined pin and fingerprint locks, Google Play Store, PayPal and Barclays Mobile Banking all work fine.
Message 10 of 13