Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

My O2

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

My O2 App pin always expiring.

I need to set a new pin and reactivate fingerprint lock for the app every few days because the "Pin has expired".

Is this normal behaviour for the app?

- Relatively new O2 user
Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,377

Re: My O2 App pin always expiring.

Hi @YoungGazz 

I would say it's not normal based on my own experience.

Are you using any cleaning apps that could be removing the saved settings, something like ccleaner?

I'd also suggest deleting and reinstalling the app to see if it helps. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 684

@YoungGazz

It's never happened to me either.

I have the same pin since I downloaded the My O2 App.

That must be damn annoying to get a message it's expired!

*The Game Is On*

I have Norton Clean, it has not caused issues before with other apps that have security set up. I will disable it and see if it is the cause. Thanks.
Highlighted

If it's clearing your cache it will be it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Ok, so after some testing, it was not the Norton as that does not touch the cache for My O2.

After removing Norton Cleaner I was able to recreate the issue, which it seems is caused by turning the phone off and back on (tested multiple times). When turning on and opening the My O2 App it once again said the pin was expired after entering my fingerprint to bypass the pin.

I set up a pin, but no fingerprint this time and I am not getting an expiration error any more.

So it seems the fingerprint in conjunction with a power off and on is causing an error restarting the phone.

I will just use the pin on its own I guess.

It shouldn't do that....
What phone are you using?

Currently using:
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

It can cause issues if the fingerprint fails as it is an added security factor and will reset the pin.

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

Mine has never reset after switching off the phone. I only use a pin but it has only ever reset when reinstalling the app on one of my devices. Even then it has no affect on the others.

It's a Motorola G6 Plus running on Oreo with Microsoft launcher.

It's not a problem with other Apps with combined pin and fingerprint locks, Google Play Store, PayPal and Barclays Mobile Banking all work fine.