Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing payment

Yukihime
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I don't know where to turn. I have encountered the following situation. I terminated my contract with O2 and switched to Vodafone. After a few months, I received a letter about some debt of 22 pounds. The nature of the debt was not specified. I called O2, and they said they couldn't find anything as I no longer have an account with them. They advised me to call Virgin. Virgin informed me that I have no unpaid bills with them and suggested calling O2. After a couple of back-and-forth calls, O2 told me to ignore the letters since they couldn't find any information based on the account number provided in the letters. So, I followed their advice.

Now, I'm receiving a letter from a credit score agency about a missed O2 bill and sanctions against me. This has seriously disrupted my plans for 2024. Should I call India again, where they'll likely tell me they can't find anything? And is it possible to identify the issue and remove the sanctions? Where should I turn? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Best time to call and speak to a UK call centre is 8.00am

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Best time to call and speak to a UK call centre is 8.00am

Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Message 3 of 6

Yukihime
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After the initial conversation with O2 and Virgin, I concluded that O2 created another account without my permission and activated a SIM card that Virgin sent when I signed up for broadband four years ago. Not only do I not have access to this account, but O2 also cannot access it, and neither can Virgin. Now I will need to go to the nearest O2 store to confirm my identity. The crucial point is for them to acknowledge their mistake in the credit score.

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Yukihime 

You seem to be one of a number of people who didn't understand the Oomph Package..

By the sounds of it you signed for Oomph and never used the sim card sent that was sent, although it was active and showed as active on the Virgin Billing platform hence it was migrated to o2.. 
When you cancelled or changed the account with Virgin, you should have cancelled it..  You would have had access to it when on Virgin...

Sorry to say like the others you have assumed wrong, and the account setup correctly as it was still active... I would just pay the £22 and ask Virgin to provide the Mobile Contract which will have the number on it, or go back in your emails.. if not you will have to do a SAR with Virgin Mobile and get them to do it that way.. 

Its not there mistake its yours, for wrongly assuming a sim card that came activated wasnt... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Yukihime
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was willing to pay if they had informed me about what the charges were for. I received two warning letters. Since I am no longer an O2 customer, I immediately called O2. They told me they couldn't find any information about unpaid bills and advised me to ignore those letters.

It seems that the inactive card was associated with the Virgin app for four years. Now, when you click on it, the O2 app opens, even though you don't have an O2 account.

Message 6 of 6