Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud victim - O2 have not corrected my credit file

Alex_S
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In November 2021 I was the victim of fraud on my O2 account. I reported it immediatly to O2. The fraudster managed to change my payment plan and also order a phone on my account. I was  told that while the matter was being investigated my account would remain on the "wrong" payment plan. I was told by O2 customer services (Sarah Swindles) to cancel my direct debit so that incorrect payments were not taken from my account. I was also told that any impact on my credit rating would be rectified as soon as the fraud team had completed their investigation. The investigation was completed but the incorrect entries on my credit file have never been corrected, despite nearly one year's worth of emails and calls to O2. This has had a severe effect on my family and me,  I recently applied for a loan and I was turned down because of the O2 issues on my credit report (which is otherwise perfect)!
I do not know what to do now, I have tried calling O2 over 20 times and quite unbelievably no one has sorted it out. Such a small issue has now resulted in an unbelievable amount of financial stress. Please can someone from O2 sort this out? None of this was my fault and it has had huge consequences for me and my family. Why is it so difficult to fix it? Through no fault of my own I am now in this situation. 

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Alex_S 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Alex_S 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Alex_S
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you, is there a direct telephone number? I have emailed o2fraudteam@o2.com mulitple times already - is that the same department?

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Only email or fax @Alex_S 

The email I gave is the new one for the credit file team.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Alex_S
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, this has been a total nightmare and O2 customer services just can't seem to do anything about it. 

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Customer services have no powers to do anything about this @Alex_S 

Only the CFR team can.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Alex_S
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5 - the department and email address you gave is not correct apparently. I got below reply from them:

"Thank you for contacting o2

Unfortunately, we are unable to deal with fraud queries within our department, o2 have a specific fraud team that deals with these queries

Please contact the fraud department on o2fraudteam@o2.com. "

that fraud team email address is the one I have been emailing for the last year or so and I have never once had a single reply! I am at a loss as to what to do now. Any suggestions?

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Alex_S 

You asked about correcting your credit file.

The investigation was completed but the incorrect entries on my credit file have never been corrected, despite nearly one year's worth of emails and calls to O2. This has had a severe effect on my family and me,  I recently applied for a loan and I was turned down because of the O2 issues on my credit report (which is otherwise perfect)!

The answer I gave you is the correct department to address this issue.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Alex_S
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  That is not what they told me in the message I got from them. According to the reply it is the fraud team who are responsible for making the correction. I got this message from Steve at CFR team;
"please contact the fraud department on o2fraudteam@o2.com....the Fraud department will raise a full investigation and can make any amendments they deem necessary as a result of fraudulent activity" 

?? What do I do now 

Message 9 of 16

Alex_S
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  to be a bit clearer, the full message I got is below  - they tell me it is the fraud team who make correcting entries. Any advice or help is much appreciated. 

Thank you for contacting o2

Unfortunately, we are unable to deal with fraud queries within our department, o2 have a specific fraud team that deals with these queries

Please contact the fraud department on o2fraudteam@o2.com. The fraud department will raise a full investigation and can make any amendments they deem necessary as a result of fraudulent activity. 

Regards  

Steve | Telefonica

Message 10 of 16