Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing confirmatory email & unable to contact O2

Plotinus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My old My O2 account seems to have disappeared so I needed a new one. I managed to get through the registration process but at the end it said that I needed to reply to a confirmatory email from O2 within 48 hours.

I have not yet received this email several hours later. I have pressed the button several times asking for another copy but I have still not received it.

I am certain that there is no problem with my Virgin Media email.

1) I successfully did a similar thing this morning with an email from Firefox asking for confirmation of my Firefox account.

2) I sent a couple of emails from another email account to the email account that I used which were received within a few seconds.

3) I went into the Virgin Media web account (I normally use Mozilla Thunderbird bird) and there was no sign of any of these supposed O2 emails - I also checked that there was nothing in the spam folder.

4) I had made a screen grab of the final registration screen and examining it confirmed that I had not mistyped my email address.

I then attempted to get help from O2 but found it impossible.

1) I looked and looked for an email address but could not find one. I discovered by searching this forum that O2 had not accepted emails for a number of years - I find this extremely peculiar.

2) I tried looking on the O2 site for a phone number, but if there is one it is well hidden. A bit of googling gave me 4445, which doesn't seem really designed for this type of problem, but was my only hope. After hanging on the line for well over half an hour I gave up in despair. The fact that, unlike other sites, it did not say my number in the queue did not help.

I then attempted to use the O2 automated query app (I forget its name) but it quckly became clear that it was a very primitive piece of software. As far as I could see it essentailly selected a word from my query and then attempted to find a reply from what looked like a standard list of answers. Attempting to answer my question of where is my email completely defeated it.

I am now at a total loss as to how to proceed further; this forum is really my last hope. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions