cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Nuisance Calls from O2 themselves?

geels01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So first of all, it took me over 3 times to actually get this message posted? It's almost like o2 dont want their customers getting help? I'm getting really frustated with the lack of clear answers.

I want to know how to stop O2 from contacting me. I got a text through just before the weekend informing me I was due an upgrade. Since that text over the weekend I've had 14 calls from their call centres in Wales. Haven't been able to answer any as I've been working the entire weekend. 1 or 2 calls is neither here nor there, but 14 is borderline harrassment, especially when my Contract Preferences are all unticked and state that I do not want contacting about anything. All different numbers so its not like I can block and be done with it.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@geels01 We all get nuisance calls, but yes, the number you've had is definitely excessive. There's nothing you can do except continue blocking them. If these companies do have some loose affiliation with O2, O2 will do nothing to prevent the calls, so unfortunately it's down to you. The only other thing you can do is lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 14

geels01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 all my contact preferences are still unticked so whilst I read about it I thought I'd escaped, if I could answer the calls and tell them to leave me alone I would but I work 12 hour shifts 8-8 when they call between, and the 3 or so numbers I've tried to call back to I've had 0 luck with.

I imagine that due to the small print and t&c's I agreed to that I wouldn't even have a case if I lodged a complaint or anything? 

Message 12 of 14

geels01
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino 

I've always found o2 to have exceptional customer service before this so it's honestly super disapppointing that its got to this point, thanks for the link, if I get anymore calls tomorrow I'll be seeing what my options are!

Message 13 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@geels01 

You could always think about a change of number if these are getting too much for you. O2 will allow one number change free of charge. I know this is just 'papering over the cracks' really  and is inconvenient to yourself but it is an option you may want to consider.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14