Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing confusion. Help?!?!

Chunkeytruffle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm looking to share data with the other half as hes constantly using his up. Both accounts are on the same my o2 account and when you go to the data sharing bit of the my o2 app it says that both our devices are able to share data. But where do I go from there??? 

I checked the faqs from o2 and it says I need to select a number I wish to share with then click start sharing but there's no option to do that?! Help? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Chunkeytruffle

More info in this guide https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

How can I get it?

To get a sharer plan, you’ll need a phone or tablet on an O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data. This will be your lead device. It doesn’t have to be on a new contract – go to My O2 or come and see us in store to share your current data allowance.

Once you’ve got your lead device, you can then add up to nine other phones, tablets or sims to share its data allowance. If you already have additional devices that you want to add to a sharer plan, you can add them as soon as they’re out of contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Chunkeytruffle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was in o2 today talking to 2 members of staff, they told me I could do it on the o2 app and that they couldn't do it from their end. And on my o2 app it just seems to be going round in circles it just takes me to the page that's says I can share data from my device and that's it ..

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Chunkeytruffle You need the devices you want to share with to be on specific sharing plans. 

You need to change their tariff to one that can share. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Chunkeytruffle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

20181230_210627.jpg

Message 5 of 9

Chunkeytruffle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The app says they are both able to share 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
That means you can share data from either of them and not between them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Chunkeytruffle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So how would I go about sharing data between them? 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You’d need to call customer service on 202 to enable it on the account you want to share your data.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9