Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid-19

Gazz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone know what o2 are doing for those who can't afford their bill due to the government shutting down businesses.
I'm a chef and now have no idea when I'll have any money income if they are going to be paying 80% of wages.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@J2B 

The problem is, like everyone else O2 are running a limited service. Systems are down as well as staff levels. All we can do on the community forum  is give you the advice we were told to give.

Apologies on their behalf. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff Are you saying that the official advice is they would be willing to do everything they can at the moment to help out? If that is the official advice I will call back again tomorrow and press a little harder, and I can be very persistant when I need to be!
Message 12 of 25

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@J2B 

The only official advice is from O2. 

We are just customers like yourself.

O2 have since removed the highlighted comments and just say to call if in difficulty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 that explains why I couldn't see the same advice on the website as was showing on the forum. I think I will still call up and see if they will budge, they're not being that helpful at the moment seeing how difficult the situation is for many people, or that;s how it can across to me in 2 phone calls.
Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
There's a lot they could do to help, but knowing O2, it will be like getting blood from a stone!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@J2B 

As we are customers like you, all I can say is we work from advice given to the community from O2.

That has not been amended at all this week.

So we are probably working with outdated information. That's not our fault. Annoying nonetheless!

Edited to add. It HAS been amended as of yesterday. No-one informed us. I have just gone back and reread the statement now. !!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys, I'll see if that stone will bleed. At least I know they have said they will do all the can to help, even if they didn't really mean it.
I'll have to cancel the DD anyway but I'd rather it was officially done and didn't get messy. Don't really want to spoil a clean credit rating but it's been a real shock to us how quickly things can change.
Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Best wishes @J2B and let us know how you get on please.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to update.

I called today. still using the 0800 number, and was put through to customer services and not the payments team.  I was told I had to wait until my bill was due for payment and then call in, another 10 days.  After explaining my situation he said he would put me though to the paymentsa team there and then but I was cut off.  No idea if that was deliberate or an issue with the system but it wasn't that helpful.

Is there an email address I can contact someone reasonably high up to ask they consider making it easy for their customers who are struggling at the moment? I'm just being told to wait and all the time it is delayed it is costing money that I don't have coming in.

Message 19 of 25

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
You can Google for the email of the CEO.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 25