Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid-19

Gazz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone know what o2 are doing for those who can't afford their bill due to the government shutting down businesses.
I'm a chef and now have no idea when I'll have any money income if they are going to be paying 80% of wages.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Nicole30
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im on here trying to find out the exact same thing. Cant find an email address to contact them either?

Message 2 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Lots of help pages, but the basic premise is to contact them to discuss your situation.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416
The help page around Covid19:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Our-latest-update-on-COVID-19-Coronavirus/m-p/1303464#M33...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Nicole30 

There is no email contact.

All methods here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 25

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2's advice and help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Our-latest-update-on-COVID-19-Coronavirus/m-p/1303464/hig... 

Supporting our customers

We’re making it free for everyone to access NHS advice in the most convenient way for them. Calls to the NHS 111 help line have always been free, and now we’re supporting that by zero-rating all NHS UK websites, meaning any data you use on these sites won’t count towards your monthly allowance. If the effects of COVID-19 are impacting your income and you have concerns over paying your upcoming phone bill, please let us know. You can call us directly on 202 to discuss the situation, and we’ll try to find a solution so you’re not under any added stress.

Message 5 of 25

kevdscouk
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah cutting you off as I have just had due to not being able to work.

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevdscouk wrote:
Yeah cutting you off as I have just had due to not being able to work.

How are O2 supposed to help out with issues if customers don't get in contact @kevdscouk ?

Have a lovely day!

Message 7 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called today to ask if they would cancel a new contract as my wife and I are both self employed and have no work but told that they can't help me as the 14day cooling off period is up. The only offer of help was to wait and see what is announced.  That's not helping ease the pressure at the moment.

We've had the contract less than a month and couldn't imagine we would both be without work with no idea when we will be able to return to normal.  I can see it being many months after the worst is over before business returns to normal, the contract will probably be up before normality returns

Message 8 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@J2B 

You were badly advised

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Our-latest-update-on-COVID-19-Coronavirus/m-p/1303464/hig...

Supporting our customers

We’re making it free for everyone to access NHS advice in the most convenient way for them. Calls to the NHS 111 help line have always been free, and now we’re supporting that by zero-rating all NHS UK websites, meaning any data you use on these sites won’t count towards your monthly allowance. If the effects of COVID-19 are impacting your income and you have concerns over paying your upcoming phone bill, please let us know. You can call us directly on 202 to discuss the situation, and we’ll try to find a solution so you’re not under any added stress.

Also

You need to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217. It's a free call. Also take a look at this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 25

J2B
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff but I did call the payment team today and was told the same thing as I was told 2 days ago when I called 202. At the moment they aren't trying to help, or if the intention is to do that it hasn't filtered down to the staff on the phone.
Message 10 of 25