cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner had just got an iPhone 5, and his old number has transferred over today. He can not access his 'O2' app now. It gives code 36?!?!ive read on here do a soft reset?! What is this? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance xx
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

Can your partner access the Internet ok on the iPhone 6. If not then contact customer services to ensure they are on iData settings.

Help link -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/544210#U544210

Try deleting the myo2 app and re download from the App Store.

It can take upto 24 hours approximately for things to settle on your phone and account.

You may need to ring Customer Services on 202 if it's not cleared after that period to ensure all is ok on your account.

I hope its cleared over night for you and please let us know how things progress.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry- I mean iPhone 6!!!
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

try this

1. Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  2. Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
  3. Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
  4. When this happens, you can let go.
  5. The device will reboot.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

And when u say just transferred his number, do you mean he did a sim swap (had the number on another sim and transferred it to another blank sim card, most likely because of the size of the sim) or he was using another phone with the old number, bought a new contract with a new number in and now transferred the old number to the new contract,eliminating the temporary number)? If it's the second option the app may still hold the inf on the new number and be conflicting with the number transfered, if so remove the app and install it again and it should sort it .Hope this helps.:) 

Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Isn't that the order to kill all the jedi?
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

Can your partner access the Internet ok on the iPhone 6. If not then contact customer services to ensure they are on iData settings.

Help link -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/544210#U544210

Try deleting the myo2 app and re download from the App Store.

It can take upto 24 hours approximately for things to settle on your phone and account.

You may need to ring Customer Services on 202 if it's not cleared after that period to ensure all is ok on your account.

I hope its cleared over night for you and please let us know how things progress.
Message 6 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Order 66 @viridis wink

Hi @juwee82, I hope the info here is helpful! Welcome to the community.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Phew, thought for a minute there Apple were activating the clone army.
Message 8 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
@viridis I thiught they were already the clone army.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try changing your password if still having problems logging in to your My O2 app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11