Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make any calls

Sarahmarie2512
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Three members of my family can’t make or receive any calls today while in our property. If we go outside, then we connect to the network and can do this. I’ve called o2 who have confirmed that there is nothing wrong. O2 have said to switch to airplane mode, remove SIM card, switch phone off - none of which work. Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37909 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1723 Solutions

If you set up O2's MyNetwork app, as shared by @MI5 above, it will monitor and alert you about signal status near you.

Sounds to me like your area may be in the midst of upgrade to 5G, and the phones won't auto step-down to 3G for now. On your phone network settings, select 3G as preferred SIM network type, see how you get on for a while.

Then get that app from your phone's app store, and step through configuring it (needs a username and password different from Community or MyO2) to monitor your post code.

You will receive notifications from O2's engineering teams via the app when work is in-plan or in progress for your area, @Sarahmarie2512 

It is possible your service may be unsteady for a few days if that is what's happening.

Or it could be everyone starting to prepare to watch a certain football match this evening 😁

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148179 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28392 Solutions

@Sarahmarie2512 

Guides:

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11087 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3140 Solutions

@Sarahmarie2512 

Has something changds in the property? as it sounds like something has especially as you can go outside and the phones..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148179 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28392 Solutions

@Sarahmarie2512 

If you usually rely on wifi calling when at home, check your wifi router is still working.

Try rebooting it by turning it off and back on again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Sarahmarie2512
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - I’ve already done this. If I switch WiFi assist on, then I can make calls fine, but the calls were working fine before without this. I can get a signal outside my home, but this is 3G

Message 5 of 9

Sarahmarie2512
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, nothing at all. I can get a signal if I go into my garden, but that is only 3G 

Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37909 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1723 Solutions

If you set up O2's MyNetwork app, as shared by @MI5 above, it will monitor and alert you about signal status near you.

Sounds to me like your area may be in the midst of upgrade to 5G, and the phones won't auto step-down to 3G for now. On your phone network settings, select 3G as preferred SIM network type, see how you get on for a while.

Then get that app from your phone's app store, and step through configuring it (needs a username and password different from Community or MyO2) to monitor your post code.

You will receive notifications from O2's engineering teams via the app when work is in-plan or in progress for your area, @Sarahmarie2512 

It is possible your service may be unsteady for a few days if that is what's happening.

Or it could be everyone starting to prepare to watch a certain football match this evening 😁

Message 7 of 9

Sarahmarie2512
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 8 of 9

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 167 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Sounds to me like your area may be in the midst of upgrade to 5G, and the phones won't auto step-down to 3G for now. On your phone network settings, select 3G as preferred SIM network type, see how you get on for a while.😁

Correctly configured RAT-reselection should allow fallback to 4G>3G>2G as required. Any site outage for a tech or carrier-add (be it 4G or 5G) potentially creates a coverage hole, but phones should still either connect to an alternative site or fallback to any available tech. There is nothing about an "upgrade to 5G" that prevents reselection.

This reselection should happen automatically. Setting 3G as the preferred network type should not be required unless you want your phone on 3G permanently.

Message 9 of 9