Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate 02 extra Amazon Music

FionaB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a free O2 Extra for Amazom Music Unlimited. Altjough my account says I have 9 days left to activate it every time I try to do so I  keep getting a message that the link has expired.  I have seen many other messages from O2 users expressing the same problem but no assurance from O2 to say it's being or has been removed. I've found it almost impossible to get any direct contact with O2 support services. Why make spurious offers if there is no intention to follow it through? What has happened to O2 support? Will the offer activation time be extended due to the technical hitch?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@FionaB 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@FionaB 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

FionaB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I'll give it a go tomorrow and update here with the outcome.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Good luck

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

FionaB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Thank you, MI5, for your advice. I followed your instruction and opted for 1, 2, 5 then 7 and got the same response 'thank you for contacting O2, bye'! So I tried again and opted for a lost or stolen phone and finally got through to someone 😀 He was lovely and very helpful. 

It took him a few attempts to get the Extra activated so there must be an inherent problem with the Extra set up. He said it was unusual for the link not to work so I pointed out that several people have indicated the same problem through the O2 community. 

Anyway, I now have 6 months free Amazon Music Unlimited and I'm a happy bunny. Thank you again for helping me resolve this. 

Next thing is to get O2 to change the awful 'on hold music' (sounds like badly distorted cheap speakers) 😂

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6