Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally clicked on scam link.

S94_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I received a text earlier about saying something about there's been an error processing your o2 bill. I clicked on the link in the text, I should've thought about it but it was a stupid mistake. I put in my a few details but not my card details as I came off it then after realising.

I've changed my a few passwords and I've reset my phone to factory settings in case there was anything planted on there, but I had everything backed up and chose to do that before erasing the phone. Does that mean if they put malware or something like a keylogger on there, that'd be backed up as well? Do I need to totally reset the phone and delete all files? Also, what about them having a few of my details? Can they do anything with that? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

As long as you didn't put your bank details in you will be fine.

You did the right thing changing your password.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@S94_ 

It's only designed to get the details you enter into the fake website so no worries about anything on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

leadalley34
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did the same by pressing the link as well, but it won't load the fake website, so luckily, I will be fine

Message 4 of 4