cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 treats changed on pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable
not impressed that the 02 treats for pay monthly have changed to discounts instead of free minutes or texts having been an 02 customer from the start must look out for a better deal when contract up.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Big mistake O2 , what was wrong with sticking to the free texts or calls ? Cheap movie rentals, go-karting and beauty spas are no good to me, and through experience of other companies doing similar offers, they can`t give them away. At least give us the option of choice . Something like this may just convince me to look elsewhere at end of contract.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree! really big mistake! i would really much rather have the free mins i always get! i just went to claim the gourmet meach offer and found that i cant have it free to two month then they would automatically take a reduced rate for the remainder of the subscription! i dont want the hassle of signing up to something like that! please change it back!?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its funny that before the change people were starting threads saying how useless the free texts/minutes were! Now that there are "real-world" discounts different people are complaining. Just shows you can't please everyone.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can some one tell me what i need to do to get any o2 treats on pay monthly? Thanks.
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Can some one tell me what i need to do to get any o2 treats on pay monthly? Thanks.

You don't actually do anything. It used to be that you got a text (after 3 months...?) which gave you a free number to ring and choose your treat) Don't know if thats changed at all as I am in the middle of my free minutes treat. Perhaps some else can confirm. Personally I don't think I will be claiming any of the present treats! (Think they should now change the name to something more apt...suggestions anyone?)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
call 2211 from your mobile.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping for some new treats as free minutes and texts are no use to me as I get 600 minutes and unlimited texts and dont need anymore. However I was hoping for some free internet usage as a treat and cant believe they havent offered this. Doesnt sound very appealing to me
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
These treats aren't treats at all. Instead of saving you money you have to SPEND money to benefit. What if I can't afford meals out and beauty spas, there is a recession on or don't O2 know that?

But my gripe is much worse than this. Why oh why did they announce it by text in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago? It woke the whole family up and then last night we had a repeat performance.

Being a customer of O2 does NOT give them permission to disturb me in the middle of the night to advertise something thinly disguised as a gift. Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted about this a couple of months ago and most people said it didn't affect them. Now that the chargeable bolt-ons have been removed it seems people's stance on this issue has changed.

I can't help but feel O2 is deliberately becoming less competitive.
Message 10 of 13