cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dishonest staff on the chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically I had no signal whatsoever at work or at home for about 6 weeks.

When I originally complanied they said the mast near me has been down and thats the reason for the poor signal. "it will be sorted within 4-5 days".

Anyway its around 9weeks now and its still the same.

I was told I would get a refund for the period which I couldnt get a signal.

I am now in the process of moving from O2 as the lack of a signal is starting to adversely effect my business. The operator on the chat is now saying that no refund is due as my usage is the same. 

It is the same as I have to go out of my way to another area to call everyone back. 

I have the original chat records stating catagorically I would receive two months refund due to the poor/no service

I dont know where to go with this now, any help would be appreciated. I have been a customer forever so this lack of customer service is really astonishing.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Call customer service on 202 from your mobile. It's a free call. Don't rely on Live Chat for this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12110 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Absolutely call CS on 202 for this.
Live Chat are good, but for some more difficult queries such as yours it would be much better.
The best time is usually 8-8:30am, but depends on when you have time to call.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Call customer service on 202 from your mobile. It's a free call. Don't rely on Live Chat for this.

... or call 0344 8090202 from your landline if you have one.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you can remember the name of the chat adviser you spoke to please drop me a PM via the link in my signature and I'll make sure the feedback gets passed along. 

Welcome to the forums BTW wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

He will have the chat operators name as he has the transcript but as we know, names are usually fictitious and anglicised for chat purposes.

Message 7 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Just to back up other saying speak to cs agents, it's imperative when dealing with important account queries to call up as live chat aren't very good with these enquiries.

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure that if you've got the chat transcripts your refund/discount will be applied once you've spoken to cs on 202.
Message 8 of 8