Did you mean: 

Your feedback on Unread Posts and PMs page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week going? slight_smile

Thanks a lot earlier for providing your thoughts on how you use the forum search page as well as the profile and settings pages as part of the forum platform improvement work we're doing this year. We have made the initial changes to Search page elements, and the settings pages are currently being worked on.

The next areas we would like to improve are:

• The Unread Posts page (you can get there by clicking on the Unread Posts next to the Private Messages icon)
  • Private Messages page (click on the envelope icon next to the Unread Posts link)

As before, it would be very useful to hear your thoughts on what you think of these 2 pages and how you use them, both on mobile and desktop.

For example...

• Which tabs on those pages do you use the most?
  • Anything in there that you never use and feel should be removed?
  • What about the tables for the posts and messages, are there any columns you feel are either unnecessary, or need to be added in?
  • Any text on those pages that you feel is not clear?
  • Etc...

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments! smiling

Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Carry on then, brilliant idea. can't wait to see the result.

And I think we should now leave this be. It's obvious we disagree so I for one won't be commenting on this or any other community or Web site issues. 

Message 31 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123147 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Maybe, if I'm understanding your proposal, you suggest a page of links to links already on the o2 website?
These change on a regular basis, so in 6 months time, all will be dead links, so we'll have an FAQ of dead links - brilliant ! wink

No?  As the links are updated the FAQ (which would say see info HERE) would surely take you to the new info?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 54

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Like the change of name form as one recent example?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 54

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

@MI5wrote:

If I'm not mistaken I sense a little sarcasm in that statement...:smileytongue:

You're not alone @Cleoriff so did I. Really uncalled forHorrified

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 34 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123147 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Also I will this ...many of us know where to find the info on the website (you are probably one of the best at that) but others don't and new members certainly won't.

I think a FAQ page would bring it all together...And now.... I'm out...innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 54

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Also I will this ...many of us know where to find the info on the website (you are probably one of the best at that) but others don't and new members certainly won't.

Didn't like my example?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 54

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

@MI5wrote:

And I think we should now leave this be. It's obvious we disagree so I for one won't be commenting on this or any other community or Web site issues. 

Sorry to hear that @jonsie your common sense and helpful suggestions will be missed. We need members like you, @Bambino and @Cleoriff to 'keep it real'.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 37 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123147 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Didn't like my example?

Not really... as that is now sorted as I understand. Also one example doesn't make it a bad idea Rich. Also the index of guides is frequently updated...Stop being so stubborn...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 54

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I'm trying to be realistic tongue

Currently using:
Message 39 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of having multiple notifications of new posts on a single thread, how about just one?

the Samsung Oreo thread is a prime example, always pages of notifications of posts.. one would suffice.. and if it was the earliest one, then surely common sense would tell me (& reading) that there has been more posts!

It would make the daily trawl through unread posts much quicker. Now I know that defeats the object of ‘unread POSTS’ but I don’t see anywhere to click ‘threads with new posts’

just a thought!

Message 40 of 54