cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad BT continue rip pockets

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

this is very sad news for all who were hoping BT will lose power and cancel all landlines which you

need when you make contract for broadband. They will get even more power now that we will have

to pay for service which no one use anymore

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/bt-agrees-125bn-deal-to-buy-ee-30966222.htm...

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I agree. Land lines are vital for some people, and quite frankly, if you're running a business and are relying solely on mobile communication, you're asking for trouble. I've seen people posting on here who say their business is run just with their mobiles, and they eventually have problems.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this means BT will at last be able to sort out the mess that its email service is in.   I was notified 2 years ago that the BT Yahoo email service would be ending and customers would be "migrated" to a brand new BT email service.  I still waiting for said migration even though I was told in June 2014 that the migration process was nearing completion.  I think there is more chance of my actual emigration to the Antipodes.

Gerry's First Law of Information Technology applies - never believe a word that a telecoms service provider tells you.

Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they can turn this even worse for us. They may require landline with every new mobile contract if they finish the deal. Someone has to pay off thos £12.5bn Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I seriously doubt that would happen. There would be uproar about it and certainly a backlash. Ofcom would not allow that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144887 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well they can turn this even worse for us. They may require landline with every new mobile contract if they finish the deal. Someone has to pay off thos £12.5bn Smiley LOL

That'll never happen.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That'll never happen.

I agree, it's a business and a competitive business. I have no need for a landline though it comes as part of the broadband deal I have with Virginmedia. When the time comes for renewal I will have a look what's available ie. broadband without landline. I'm fairly sure that will be an option if I choose to stick with my present ISP.

Message 16 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 internet is half cheaper than in UK.

Source ?.....example ?

Certainly not the case in Spain or Italy

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 17 of 42

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Source ?.....example ?

Nor France or Germany.

Message 18 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Source ?.....example ?

And in Spain takes about a year longer to get installed. We made enquiries about 2 years ago....what a long drawn out process. Friends of mine who live in Spain are appalled at the waiting time...oh and the bureaucracy. Do not forget the bureaucracy Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

bureaucracy

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 42