Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium platform issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Just wanted to know if anyone is having the same problem as me?

I use Gmail for this forum only. I use btinternet for any other emails.

Yesterday and the day before I realised some emails from this forum weren't coming into my inbox......and when they did they were hours after they had been sent.

Really annoying as 5 years ago when I joined this forum, I used bt internet. After a couple of years I realised BT didn't seem to be compatible with Lithium (emails stopped coming in and others were having the same problem)so I changed to Gmail. Had no problems at all till now.

As an example, when I logged on this morning there were 40 new emails from the forum in my inbox. These are just three of them

O2 Email.PNG

Note the time they came in. When I checked they were all sent yesterday from 12md onwards!

I have the same issue this morning. Up to now I have made 4 posts (from 6am) not one has arrived in my inbox, although some from yesterday are trickling in.

To test whether it was Gmail or the forum, I sent myself an email from my btinternet address to my gmail. It arrived in my inbox immediately. which definitely confirms it's a lithium problem.

I subscribe to a lot of topics on here and if I post on one, I get emails on that until people stop posting.

It's also annoying as I know some emails haven't arrived at all.

I also log on to the forum via the latest email I receive...so it's all damn frustrating really.

Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Are you aware of this problem and if so, is anything being done to resolve it? Thanks in advance for any input you may be able to provide. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@gmarkj one post was in Discussions and Feedback and one in Help with Other Products and Services. The latter was the post from @MI5 who mentioned me. The other post didn't mention me. And, yes, both came through directly after they were posted on the thread.

And your post to me @gmarkj on this thread came through directly after you posted. So I've no idea what's going on 🙃
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 82

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Now I got an email saying @Glory1 tagged me, 1 minute after her post.
But nothing from @Cleoriff's post at 11:42 (yet anyway)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 82

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Thanks for raising this! There's definitely an issue. I just received a notification from a subscribed thread but the post in question was made at 9am. 

I'll raise this with the platform provider and keep you guys posted.

If anyone else notices any odd behaviour with notifications please share in this thread and I can add it to the support ticket. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 23 of 82

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I can add @Martin-O2 that I'm reading your post on this thread but have had no email notification of your post nearly 2 hours after you posted 😯

Message 24 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I can add @Martin-O2 that I'm reading your post on this thread but have had no email notification of your post nearly 2 hours after you posted 😯

Make that two of us....I haven't got an email re your post either @Glory1

I did have one to say I had a PM and that was as soon as it was sent....other than that I am still getting emails from posts at made at 1.23am ..and they are just coming in now.

So some posts are running 15 hrs late for me. @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 82

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I can't check this to be honest @Cleoriff as I don't subscribe to any threads at all. I do however get emails for every PM though I've no idea on them being prompt or not as I just read them without checking times. This is ust so @Glory1 and cleoriff can check....

Message 26 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Well you can't test properly then @jonsie.wink

I get PM emails come through immediately as well

What about mentions.....do you get emails for those?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Just show a final picture of my emails tonight.....

The ones highlighted in yellow were posted between 8am -10am this morning. The rest came in on time.

I have yet to receive @jonsie's email and mine in response (on this thread)  So some are still running 12 hrs behind...

O2 email 2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 82

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well it's now 22:32 and I've yet to receive an email on @Martin-O2's post at 14:32. Who knows when I'll get an email for @Cleoriff's post above

Email notifications for PMs are pretty much spot on.

I'm still getting emails for posts made yesterday afternoon. Most of which I've read as I was on the specific thread(s) at the time 🙃

Message 29 of 82

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sorry this is tongue in cheek but true.......

I ingest Lithium every night under controlled circumstances.  Brilliant discovery from many years ago.  In this weather and in all weather H20 has to be imbribed in large quantities to prevent toxication. Controls a health issue and allows a great life style.

So lithium has more than one use . An amazing mineral 

More info
Mexican Wave
Message 30 of 82