Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium platform issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Just wanted to know if anyone is having the same problem as me?

I use Gmail for this forum only. I use btinternet for any other emails.

Yesterday and the day before I realised some emails from this forum weren't coming into my inbox......and when they did they were hours after they had been sent.

Really annoying as 5 years ago when I joined this forum, I used bt internet. After a couple of years I realised BT didn't seem to be compatible with Lithium (emails stopped coming in and others were having the same problem)so I changed to Gmail. Had no problems at all till now.

As an example, when I logged on this morning there were 40 new emails from the forum in my inbox. These are just three of them

O2 Email.PNG

Note the time they came in. When I checked they were all sent yesterday from 12md onwards!

I have the same issue this morning. Up to now I have made 4 posts (from 6am) not one has arrived in my inbox, although some from yesterday are trickling in.

To test whether it was Gmail or the forum, I sent myself an email from my btinternet address to my gmail. It arrived in my inbox immediately. which definitely confirms it's a lithium problem.

I subscribe to a lot of topics on here and if I post on one, I get emails on that until people stop posting.

It's also annoying as I know some emails haven't arrived at all.

I also log on to the forum via the latest email I receive...so it's all damn frustrating really.

Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Are you aware of this problem and if so, is anything being done to resolve it? Thanks in advance for any input you may be able to provide. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
No issues for me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 82

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm having similar problems, @Cleoriff. I just received an email on a post you made yesterday mentioning me. Thing is this is the 2nd email on exactly the same post I've received.

Emails are coming through hours after a post has been made; in some cases the next day. And often I get duplicate emails. Tbh I thought it was my mobile having a funny turn.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Just as an aside its been over 30 mins since I first posted this and it still hadn't arrived in my inbox.

Mind you I notice @Martin-O2 mentioned me in a post at 02.23am!  So not sure what he was doing up at that time. Smiley Very Happy

Joking of course...as the email showed he actually mentioned me at 16.54 yesterday....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I'm having similar problems, @Cleoriff. I just received an email on a post you made yesterday mentioning me. Thing is this is the 2nd email on exactly the same post I've received.

Emails are coming through hours after a post has been made; in some cases the next day. And often I get duplicate emails. Tbh I thought it was my mobile having a funny turn.

As you know @Glory1 I use my PC to post 95% of the time. I checked my phone in the hope the missing emails were there. No they weren't. So that rules out a PC and phone issue. Definitely looking like lithium..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No issues for me.

That's weird then @MI5. (mind you I wonder if it would dare) tongue_winking

I use Firefox and tested it on Chrome on PC. ....still the same.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 82

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
@Glory1 mentioned me this morning at 8:32am, and an email came through to my gmail account at the same time so does not appear to be an issue.
Not sure if this is because I only get emails when I am mentioned - I do not subscribe to any threads/posts...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
@Glory1mentioned me this morning at 8:32am, and an email came through to my gmail account at the same time so does not appear to be an issue.
Not sure if this is because I only get emails when I am mentioned - I do not subscribe to any threads/posts...

That may be the reason @gmarkj?

Although I have just just had an email through at 9.23am today where Glory mentioned me  HERE

As you see it was posted at 20.04pm last night...

PS...I am ONLY subscribed to threads I actually post on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 82

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I've been mentioned twice on this thread this morning and I only know this because I'm reading this thread. No emails have come through. And like you @Cleoriff I am only subscribed to the threads I actually post on. Which is why I read everything.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 82

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Sounds like more Lithium bugs. Especially as I got an email about your mention @Cleoriff.
Uh oh...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 82