Did you mean: 

Hi folks back still with a touch of email mysteryies

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   

with all this tennis, football , sun and swimming and Scotland Ive been out of touch.

Im getting my head round a smartphone at last with Amplicomms duffers phone , Gradually moving over to Android version.  At last .  But my hotmail email is still misbehaving. Invoices , tickets etc were disappearing unbidden into delete or the ether.  That being the case the email adress for a lot of business type emails was changed . 

However today i found emails from friends (with attachments ) diving into the delete box. They were 3-6 days old found by chance

Ineveitably hotmail will become a thing of the past after 25yrs.  Ive heard others have experienced this too but no explanation. Any boffins heard of this and a reason.

BLUE FOR NHS    happy birthday       U do wonderful things . Special Greetings to Dr Greg Baginski. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

Thanks for this. It is strange . I did work out that I had personally prevented emails with certain phrase in it. However Hotmail was trashing emails with any words from that phrase.

All is well with my new email and I'll stick with that until I find out out why its better to have an email that is directed into laptop  and not signed into on the web

One step at a time tho

You won't. Email spam filters are notoriously aggressive these days even if you don't want them to or try to switch them off. Even my work Outlook takes it too far and occasionally I have to check the junk box in case. Else I have rules set up to dump stuff that really are pointless to read Destroy

But I've given up on the likes of using any free email - just buy your own domain and all your spam problems disappear and you alone have control. Number of non-solicited spam in in 2 years of owning a domain: zero. 

Oh and I've recently discovered if you don't read an email from a source that sends it regularly because its just an notification and you don't want to read it, it can be classed as spam. Oddly, bank emails get spammified quite quickly! 

Message 11 of 12

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks for this reply. Hubby has a domain name as business. BUT even tho I have a domain for myself I have to go thru him for everything !! He bless him knows less than I do . So Im still searching 🙂
Message 12 of 12