Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Anonymous

Re: Example how O2 cares about an existing customers...

I've just left o2 but what I say is they DO give discount if you do your homework and find the better deals. The stores don't but phone customer services as they do - even on new handsets. Or I was just lucky.. Unlikely
Anonymous

When "upgrade_woman" asked about further discount, Gxxxxx (let's call him "George", because whatever name he gave was unlikely to be his real one anyhow!) could have quickly explained that to negotiate a better deal, it would be necessary to call 202, instead of giving a string of uninformative answers which just strung out the conversation. The fact that George repeated himself verbatim at times would suggest that he's in a call centre, with no authority to make any decisions, probably no knowledge of the product he's dealing with, and just follows a script. But O2 would never do that....would they....? Smiley Wink

Anonymous

Well I was shopping around for deals on the iPhone 5s O2 would not honour me with the open discount on the tariffs of the iPhone 5s where as Vodafone still did give discounts on their iPhone 5s tariffs.

After many years bring an O2 customer I feel that O2 should pay more more attention in keeping their customers and repaying back their loyalty but looks like the o2 motto has changed for the worse.
Topics: 247

It was showing in the FAQs as not being included:

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 44
Kudos: 217

I don't know why people still persist in thinking that being a loyal customer entitles them to a discount. It used to be the case that existing customers were actually charged more for upgrades than new customers (theoretically to entice new customers in).

O2 stopped that and offered existing customers the same deals as available to new users on upgrades.

If you've seen a cheaper deal with another network, then go through to retentions and they may or may not be able to match it, but if they can't be sure you have the coverage before switching.

iPhone 11 Pro (O2), Note 8 N950F(EE),Note 8 N9500 (3,GiffGaff), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Anonymous

As an existing customer especially with years of being with O2 or mind you with any other business which you spend your money and time with I always find that they would always would like to keep your customers happy. As an existing customer O2 always offered me deals to stay with them or any other network provider, who in the right mind would as an existing customer pay more for an upgrade than a new customer?! I have never come across this since my first Nokia banana phone.....
Anonymous

I agree that this was a rude and objectionable way to treat O2 staff. I've been with O2 for years and don't think that customers who act rudely and demand to pay less than everyone else should be able to - it is not fair on everyone else. Why should we pay to subsidise your new phone? iPhone 5S is in massive demand and to expect to get it cheap right now is ludicrous. Some of us have been with O2 for much longer than 8 years and stay because their network works well, billing is reliable and staff usually pretty helpful. Demanding your PAC code in such a petty way just shows how childish and greedy you are.

If discounts are to be given to longstanding customers, they should be given to all longstanding customers-not to those who act rudely and then post illiterate details of how rude they have been whilst expecting everyone else to agree how horribly they have been treated because they weren't given a free iPhone 5S (which are worth over £700). I gladly paid for my iPhone 5S, received it within a couple of days and am absolutely loving it... and when I speak to O2 staff, I am friendly with them and they are friendly and efficient in return.

Upgradewoman needs to upgrade her manners and stop behaving so antisocially.
Anonymous

Yeah you were quite rude to the guy. He was only telling you what the offer was, and for a new iPhone, what d'ya expect. Of course it'll cost a lot. You should have asked "do I get anything from being a loyal customer". Or search through cheaper deals. I did that £37 a month and 'upgraded' to an £8 sim-only because I said I wanted the cheapest pay-and-go option, and that was suggested.
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

I have been with o2 when it was BT since  1991. I think that should get a good deal from o2, but it doesn't.  why should people pay £300 to £500 for an iphone that only costs about £100 to make. All phone companies are charging this price & people are silly enough to be ripped  off

Topics: 247

[ Edited ]

The phone you buy is your choice, there is no need to spend that much and I never would.

The prices for iPhones are largely controlled by Apple, so O2 are limited in what they can offer.

Place the blame where it belongs, mine cost me less than £300 and does almost anything any other phone can do.

Shop around at the other shops like CPW etc and see what they have to offer.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1