cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited data package

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently not so unlimited. If you get to 3gb in a calender month you get cut off and you can't argue the toss either! You just get fair usage policy, even though I don't remember there being one! Perhaps they could give me a rebate for the 6 years previous where I barely used 200 meg a month, half a dozen texts and a fraction of the calls. If only 3 had decent reception. ..
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I can visualise O2 undergoing a metamorphosis into GiffGaff if a takeover doesn't happen!

I always felt that GG was set up as an experiment to see if you could run a phone company with minimal staff and so far it appears that you can.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't say O2 were right/wrong to take their stance, and I'm not defending them.  Just explaining how they use their FUP.

Personally I agree that its too vague and that they seem to shift it when it suits them.

Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in my 2nd month with Giff Gaff & so far it's cost me £3 for 2 x £12 Goodybags, im loving the Giff Gaff payback scheme wink

Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
But that FUP must be in writing somewhere I don't believe it's down to any old cs advisor to say that's it they've used it lets cut them off the question here is why won't O2 publish it
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
But that FUP must be in writing somewhere I don't believe it's down to any old cs advisor to say that's it they've used it lets cut them off the question here is why won't O2 publish it

Its not CS advisors that make the call - they're just the ones that explain the call to the customer.  The decisions are made by folks in an office far far away...lol.

As for the question about why not publishing, its obvious - they want to have flexibility to decide on a case by case basis.

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah in other words change it as as when they feel like it which isn't fair
Message 26 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Maybe it should be renamed to the "ufup" wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 27 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it should be renamed the make it up as you go along policy
Message 29 of 29