cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE READ!
My sons screen has recently been damaged. We all break phones - it happens. After missing the warranty on his year old iPhone 5C, we sought to find help from somebody who could quick fix the phone. After removing the screen and examining the phone, two counterfeit, Chinese and improper parts have been found on his phone which was given to him by O2, the first being the main button (has a sticker on it) and the second, a false screen with a smaller front camera t...han other phones! Apple have quite clearly been creating cheaply built phones to reduce costs and make people pay extra to get them fixed when broken. After trying to approach both O2 and Apple, they have disclosed that there is "nothing they can do". Now my son is without a mobile phone which he desperately needs for work. Please like and share this status and spread the word about Apples "fake phones".

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous. Firstly, damaged screens are usually not covered by warranty. Even some insurance policies won't cover you for that. Secondly, you say the phone was 'given' to him by O2. Did he buy the phone from O2? Did it come under a contract or was it a Pay & Go phone? You haven't been very clear about this. This isn't Facebook. This is a customer to customer forum. No one is going to share his status here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Spam innit?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You do realise of course every iphone on earth is made with cheap Chinese parts....
Message 4 of 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community. I'm Toby, the community manager. Just to clarify, is this a general comment about the quality of iPhones or do you believe your specific device to be counterfeit? 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 13

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
She believes the iPhone she got from O2 is made using counterfeit Chinese parts and not original apple parts.

Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I think @MI5's assessment may be correct.Thoughful

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Copy and paste spam no doubt from someone uninformed off Facebook.
But just in case it can get fed back to the original op...

1 warranty will not cover broken screens, ever.
2 only an apple certified engineer is qualified to tell you what should or should not be inside an iphone, not Stan from the market...
3 every piece of hardware inside an iphone is made in China.
4 there is nothing they can do refers to the fact Stan from the market has opened the iPhone and done God knows what, they do not want that liability.
Message 8 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Guys, until we know for sure, lets not assume eh? Or if you do, please PM me or report it, rather than publicly stating this, just in case it is genuine (regardless of potential factors) slight_smile

@Anonymous, feel free to PM me about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

INIT ?YES THIS IS FOR REAL

Message 10 of 13