cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 rips off customers again!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disgusted in the charges made from o2 ... yet again, been promised £15 a month for a contract, i am living off the bread line and made it very clear to them initially i was on a tight budget, this month's bill came to £53 looking at the breakdown, there was charges for things i haven't even used !!! i have even been charged £150+ in a single month , that is absolute extortion... i will be taking this matter further . very unhappy customer and will be telling EVERY person i know, speak to or meet to avoid o2

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
A few Smileys in same text and multiple recipients will be sent as mms.
And no one on this thread. works for O2, so far.
Message 11 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123727 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear of any change in your circumstances...but as said any insertion of smilies or emoticons will cause charges. If you are disputing your bill your best bet is to ring O2 and explain the problem http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  

Try to avoid live chat but please phone someone asap...Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have had this problem with mms messages turns out that I entered a competition and they were sending me messages that cost me money. 

You could not open or see them. When I contacted the company I was told I was not getting my money back, turned out to be someone in the south of England with is own little business. Nice earner for him

Message 13 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi gbh,

Do you know who the company was that the competition was owned by?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If you are receiving these charges then you need to contact the regulating body which is PhonePayPlus

https://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Message 15 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Check out the link in @jonsie 's post above PhonePay Plus could get your money back for you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very upsetting to read cases like this and I know how very annoying it is to get a Bill that is much higher than was expected.  That's why regular (even daily!!!) use of the excellent "My O2" cannot be recommended and encouraged strongly enough.  That way any unusual or unexpectedly high charges can be spotted and any necessary clarification sought at an early stage instead of waiting until the Bill is due for payment.

I hope the OP gets his problem sorted out quickly.

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 145676 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28013 Solutions
The unfortunate part is that inaccurate sensationalised headline titles such as this one are not helping other people with the same problem to understand the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The unfortunate part is that inaccurate sensationalised headline titles such as this one are not helping other people with the same problem to understand the issue.

You can put that on your list of problems to be fixed when you reach the dizzy heights of CEO @MI5

Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123727 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You can put that on your list of problems to be fixed when you reach the dizzy heights of CEO @MI5

*Sniggers* LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23