Did you mean: 

o2 disconnected me for no reason

La11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Very angry, had an issue with o2 they didnt bother responding to a complaint or I didnt get a manager call back, over a minor issue but I wanted it investigated. 

I got so fed up of no call back or complaint not being registered, I gave 30 days notice to cancel, all agreed.

2 weeks later I thought I will just forget about it as its too hard to get through and I dont want to lose Volt benefits so I called them an explained all and stated CLEARLY I dont want to leave,

They said they will stop the disconnection due in 2 weeks, all good, I forgot about it.

Come christmas day I have no service and have got disconnected.

When I was so clear on the phone and double check everything at the end of the call why did they do that.

Called up and no one had an answer but said they have filled in a form to get the back team to reconnect.

No money is owned and its their fault, so will this be ok as I cant get PAC they said until its active again or I would be gone. Any idea if this is possible to reconnect 2 days after disconnection same number and is this true about pac as webistes says I can get pac 30 days after disconnecting?

Really fed up.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8132 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

Nobody amongst the regulars are here to make O2 look good. On the contrary they are some of the first to criticise 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 30

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9722 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 wrote:

I dont see why you are trying to put me off as its not going to work. I understand complaints very well, I used to work with complaints.

This company wasted a lot of my time with lies and rude people on the phone and LIED about my pac.

They should have give it first time I asked as its my right, period.

Not to mention they should not have cut me off xmas day in the first place so yes I will persue it so O2 learn when they cant ignore it. Im not bothered what I get out of it is called hold people accountable. 

I would encourage everyone to do the same or this joke of a company will continue to abuse customers.

This number was used to monitor cctv of a disabled person when I was out on 4g, which I could not do then cut me off but I not going to comment any more just why people defend O2 is beyond me then turn it into a chat forum type of situation. 

I will take this to the end and O2 relies on people just leaving it.No chance.

Maybe some people on this forum here to make o2 look good for some reason, Im not.

@La11 

I am not trying to put you off making a complaint, but I am suggesting :-

- any redress in these circumstances is likely to be modest, and 

- a successful complaint will need to be structured so as to articulate the facts, the impact on you and what redress you would like to see. 

It is your prerogative to complain and, if you decide to take this course, I hope that you are successful. 

Before you formulate your complaint, please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 12 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok fair enough, its just Ive had enough of this situation. Sick to death of it.

Will this PAC work as Vodafone accepted it last week, port was meant to complete today, now they are saying tm...which is ok but the manager said, maybe there is an issue as the old number was disconnected.

Why do I keep hearing this when the O2 website states 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/leaving-o2#:~:text=To%20get%20your%20code%2C%20just,st....

If you’ve already switched networks, you can request a PAC code by popping into an O2 store or getting in touch. You have up to 30 days from when you leave O2 to request a PAC code from us, and it will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue.

So until this is connected, the drama isnt over but I need that line working...Is this now up to Vodafone to chase as surely if I got the pac from O2 and it was accepted and its within 30 days, why the delay

any ideas?

Thanks

Message 13 of 30

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11643 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@La11 

Yes its upto Vodafone to do the port, and get their back office team to chase via the o2 porting team to get the number moved.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 14 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok great, as I was about to contact o2 again which I dont want to do, so basically stick with talking to vodafone and deal with them as they already have the pac code?

Message 15 of 30

Oxonian
  • 9722 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

Yes, that is what @madasaf1sh is suggesting, you need to keep pushing Vodaphone to chase O2. 

Message 16 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The social media team responded today and the complaints review service sent a  generic response.

Social media from O2 now say same as Voda which is it will be done by midnight 3 Jan. 

The original complaint has been over eight weeks but this complaint is now interconnected with this drama.

the social media team have stated the same thing as Vodafone that the transfer will take place tomorrow but there were some files missing from O2 is what Vodafone actually said or it would have been completed by 5 pm today.

There has been in a lot of stress with this situation because just imagine if you're phone number was switched off and you are losing money and you can't use your phone outside I'm continuously on the move.

I just would be interested to see what O2 make of the situation once they actually reviewed the phone calls but I have actually emailed the CEO office as well, let them find out what the company is really about and if they actually give a damn is a different story.

Never had an experience like this and I've been using mobile phone since they were analog I used to have a vodaphone with a 0374 number back in 1995.

Message 17 of 30

Oxonian
  • 9722 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

I am always intrigued by promises to do things by "Midnight 3 January". Is that Midnight last night or Midnight tonight ? 

Anyway, I hope that you will confirm tomorrow that it is all resolved ! 👍  

Message 18 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

midnight now...its did port, all working after I pushed it from Vodafone...they said the needed more files from O2. 

Complaints review service called, (wow, so handy AFTER i sorted it all at my own time/cost (!)  )...

they probably want to offer a poxy compensation. Told them to listen to the calls and read webchats as its only been a short while but lots of wrong doings. I dont want them to brush this under the carpet as they want to.

Message 19 of 30

Oxonian
  • 9722 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

Glad to hear that you port is sorted ; please let us know how you get on with your complaint. 

Message 20 of 30