Did you mean: 

o2 disconnected me for no reason

La11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Very angry, had an issue with o2 they didnt bother responding to a complaint or I didnt get a manager call back, over a minor issue but I wanted it investigated. 

I got so fed up of no call back or complaint not being registered, I gave 30 days notice to cancel, all agreed.

2 weeks later I thought I will just forget about it as its too hard to get through and I dont want to lose Volt benefits so I called them an explained all and stated CLEARLY I dont want to leave,

They said they will stop the disconnection due in 2 weeks, all good, I forgot about it.

Come christmas day I have no service and have got disconnected.

When I was so clear on the phone and double check everything at the end of the call why did they do that.

Called up and no one had an answer but said they have filled in a form to get the back team to reconnect.

No money is owned and its their fault, so will this be ok as I cant get PAC they said until its active again or I would be gone. Any idea if this is possible to reconnect 2 days after disconnection same number and is this true about pac as webistes says I can get pac 30 days after disconnecting?

Really fed up.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24074 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@La11 This is not O2. This is a customer community. We have no access to anyone's account.

You can reach O2 via social media. They may be able to assist:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Yes I have contacted them and waiting for it to be resolved, I know this isnt CS. just wanted opinions...

why are they telling me on the phone they cant give a PAC code when website says you can within 30 days of disconnection if anybody knows if they should give me one so I can escape them and go elsewhere?

and also can i take the complaint external if they dont deal with it in 8 weeks?

Message 3 of 30

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11642 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@La11 

Yes you can take it to the Telecoms Ombudsman (which is not OFCOM), but unfortunately you will need to follow the official o2 complaints process and then it will be 8 weeks from that date, and when they issue a deadlock letter.. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi...Update for anyone who unfortunate to deal with O2 that google this. BTW i see a lot of other threads replies "this isnt customer services" , I know I want other peoples opinions as CS is a waste of time.

After countless calls and webchats, I still have not got any call to reconnect the line. Every advisor said they cant give me a pac code without it being active. PURE LIES and its not a training issue as are all of them badly trained? No,  its lies, I asked 7-8 different people. O2 website says clearly PAC can be obtained up to 30 days after cancellation, so why they lying on the phone... Finally spoke to someone in UK from the 360 team whatever the hell that is and had to explain it all. Im so done I just want the PAC as they didnt call to reconnect and I would rather pay £100 a month than give o2 a penny more ...for life.

She explained a pac can be given and thats facts, she emailed it to me in 10minutes. Wow but no one else could. So they first cut me off then take their time to call me back although time was pre agreed, then dont call then refuse to give PAC all after they shouldnt have cut me off in the first place.

I have many years experience in call centres but this company is wrong and dont care. Im off to Vodafone. 

I would never touch O2 again. 

Message 5 of 30

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8128 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

The reason we state this is not customer services is that many people joining think we are, or that we are some sort of chat service.

It's not helped by O2's chat bot directing people here.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12686 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

The issue with the website is that there are so many pages, and some of them disagree with others so not all of them are a) up to date or b) still relevant. This is why we often refer people back to customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well yes that makes sense as Ive only come here last week...

but my PAC is processing now, just cant get over how a huge company like virginO2 or whatever the hell they calling their joke of a network can try to stop someone getting a pac a few days after disconnection. Im sure its against rules but we shall see when the complaint goes to the communications ombudsmen as the old complaint is 6 weeks old anyway so not long.

I think they assume most people wont take it that far and they dont but I shall.

They shouldnt be able to get away with this so I will persue it.

Message 8 of 30

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

If you intend to take your complaint to the Communication Ombudsman, the first thing you are going to need to be clear on is why ? 

You state that O2 have not served you well. Hence, you wanted to leave. You have now got your PAC and are going to Vodaphone. So why do you intend to pursue your complaint ? 

If you do go further, you are going to need to articulate :-

- a summary of the facts behind your complaint. 

- a brief explanation of the impact of O2's actions on you.

- what redress you can reasonably expect in view of O2's perceived failings.  

Redress for time and inconvenience is usually nominal. If you do pursue this, there is always the danger that the Ombudsman might find in your favour and suggest that O2 issue you with a letter of apology !   

Given that you have got your PAC and are joining Vodaphone, I would suggest that you consider taking no further action.

Message 9 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont see why you are trying to put me off as its not going to work. I understand complaints very well, I used to work with complaints.

This company wasted a lot of my time with lies and rude people on the phone and LIED about my pac.

They should have give it first time I asked as its my right, period.

Not to mention they should not have cut me off xmas day in the first place so yes I will persue it so O2 learn when they cant ignore it. Im not bothered what I get out of it is called hold people accountable. 

I would encourage everyone to do the same or this joke of a company will continue to abuse customers.

This number was used to monitor cctv of a disabled person when I was out on 4g, which I could not do then cut me off but I not going to comment any more just why people defend O2 is beyond me then turn it into a chat forum type of situation. 

I will take this to the end and O2 relies on people just leaving it.No chance.

Maybe some people on this forum here to make o2 look good for some reason, Im not.

Message 10 of 30